Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:38 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads…

I was up to my covers in scientific study. At least I think that’s what you call it when you have your think’n cap on and it’s going 100 X 5,286 ft per hr. I was pondering those 24’s they use when describing 24 points of “right now” time at any location on this planet. You know, when it is 2:00 AM today in New York but only 11:00 PM yesterday in San Francisco. What happened to “Right Now” time?

The way I see it, from a purely scientific point of view of course, is that everything happening on this planet is all happen’n “right now.” So how come “right now” can be an hour from now or an hour ago to some people? Supposed for example, my buddy in Atlanta decides to call me “right now.” He even tells his wife, “Sorry baby but I’ve got to go call Spring Chicken right now.” How does he know that his “Right Now” is the same as my “Right Now” if he is using one of those 24-hour things to determine when to call? Shoot, I’ll probably miss his call.

Deep-thought pondering can drive a scientist nuts sometimes. Fortunately, scientists understand and trust scientific instruments such as those built into each carbon unit for monitoring bodily functions, and I instantly knew what to do when the bio-fluid pressure sensing device, or as we call in scientific terms, Bio-Fluid Pressure Sensing Device, started acting up. Without hesitation I sprang from horizontal to vertical and instantly kicked into gear my go-farwards in the direction of the abode’s maintenance department where upon my timely arrival I grabbed the pressure release lever and tugged. The old “Aim & Drain” technique still works well. The crisis was over in very small time units, and successful, I might add. Plumbing check √

Inasmuch as my duties also include checking the Forum I proceeded into the communications center and brought to life the Intergalactic Communicator. A simple manipulation of one external digit and I was face to face with the Forum. I promptly determined that 29 Members and 292 Guests were actively doing very little, but they had decided to remain on duty should something need reporting. ThunderBunny, a new trooper was pleased to be amongst us and said so. So he’s in charge of the Forum for the moment. I’m off to the recharging station. May as well because my powers were Egghausted anyway.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring “Thinking Uses Up Valuable Gray Matter” Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Huh? Wha'.....?
    I'm awake!
    Can't a guy get any sleep around here?
    Say goodnight, RicklessssssS!
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Morning friend Leroy, think of the 24 points of "right now" as a staggered starting gate. With out the 24 points of "right now" some of us would be starting our 1/365th time period in the middle of dark and some would be starting in the middle of light. The size of this big beautiful blue orb we are traveling on dictates that for a diurnal dominant species to exist with out having to run at 1667 km/hr in order to keep up with Sol we must start our work periods on the staggered 24 starting gates. Thus we solve the question of when to go horizontal and when to go vertical.

Goodnight friend Leroy,

Gator

• Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    HEY Leroy,
    Dream me back home buddy! I am stuck offshore due to the Chinese military exercises. They couldn't play for about 2 weeks during the bad weather, now we are having good weather and I still can't go home cause they want to play. Continental has changed my ticket 3 times so far. It's coming up on a weekend so wish me luck. Might get home on Friday, 3 days late and no, they don't pay me for the extra days. Dang, someone send me some cheese and crackers to go with this whine!!!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Yessir. Right now is the same for me as it is for you. Good night, Mr. Leroy!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    You want white or red? Hehe...have a safe flight home.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Good morning Leroy, another great installment of the "Leroy Chronicles".

I'm looking fwd to seeing the series on Fox.

:)