Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker update.

Options
Plumbr44
Plumbr44 Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alas, my Stoker is not here yet. I e-mailed John (Rock) inquiring about it and received an e-mail in less than 3 hours. Will be the end of the month I guess. No worries, I knew there was a backlog of orders and wouldn't want to "butt in line" in front of anyone else that ordered. Nice to get a fast answer though! Stay tuned for more updates...

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I thought mine might be here this week too.

I'm a little perturbed that he charged my Visa right after I ordered, but it hasn't shipped yet. In my experience, companies charge my card when the product ships.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GoKooL
    GoKooL Posts: 32
    Options
    Ordered mine a few days ago, hadn't heard anything either.

I guess I'll be looking more towards the end of the month to expect some news. Still would have been nice for them to notify us of the delay.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I heard he will be caught up completly by the end of the month. Shipping in bulk this week and next.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Rhino
    Rhino Posts: 39
    Options
    I haven't checked with John, but I ordered mine about the same time as you. I guess I'll be waiting a little longer than I thought.
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    that's why I e-mailed him. My account was debited and I assumed it was shipped. I don't really mind the debit ahead of time. I thought it wouldn't be this long. Not a world ending thing, though. They are in high demand and a quality investment. After a few months I probably won't even remember the anticipation.
    I'll keep updating as time passes I guess. He can only ship out what he gets in. I look forward to getting mine and using it. No big cooks for a bit as I just started college after 30 years out of school...
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    yeah, I'd be sad if he shipped to another ahead of me. I trust and like the guy, he's always been right on top of e-mails I've sent him. No problems in that department.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    here's a diversion for you...you have a question over on the Off Topic board!
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=801526&catid=12
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Meaty Boy
    Options
    Just ordered one a couple of weeks ago.

They told me when I ordered it would be about a month to get it as it was just featured on Pitmasters and they have had a lot of new orders and just couldn't keep up.

Sounds like it is worth the wait.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Thanks Ron.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Matt, I ordered mine on Jan 7, just logged into my Rock's account and it shows status as "Filled on: 2010-01-11", what ever that means.

Meanwhile, I downloaded Amir's Stokerlog v6 and played with it in 'simulation' mode, neat stuff! The 'keep warm' feature lowers the pit temp to target food temp when food is ready. The 'email' function sends email at specified interval. It also has lid open detect feature that allows you to specify the lid open duration, and how many degrees' drop is considered lid open. You can also program 'timed cook', e.g. first hour at 300, next hour at 250, last hour at 400. I'm eggcited!

-Gary
    canuckland
  • GoKooL
    GoKooL Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up on the sim mode for Stokerlog. That will pass some of the time.

Not a big deal as I wasn't expecting it overnight, but in the day of everything-is-available-over-the-internet whenever-you-want-it, it'd be nice if we were sent an email (if you didn't call it in), giving at least an estimate on delivery times if the shipment would be delayed. I know it isn't a major corporation, but $400 is worth communicating that it'll be more than a week. But who knows, maybe it'll be on my doorstep tomorrow (order still shows pending on the website).

Either way, looking foward to putting it into action.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Me bad, it's the transaction log that says "filled on 1/11...", the status is 'pending'.
    canuckland
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    did you call it in? I just checked my account and it said no current order.
  • Rhino
    Rhino Posts: 39
    Options
    My order, placed on 12-30-09 status pending. I emailed John yesterday, but haven't gotten anything back yet.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Matt, No, I didn't call nor email. As soon as I logged into my account it shows the 'recent order' on the opening page.
    -Gary
    canuckland