Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket & La Bomba Wrap

Options
Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This puppy is a very distant cousin to a cheese steak! I used a 10 inch lo carb wheat wrap, 2 slices of white american cheese, brisket and drained La Bomba. Thanks Little Steven for the LB hook up last March. It is used sparingly. Scott
12-09002.jpg?t=1263432674
12-09003.jpg?t=1263432850

Comments

• MileHighMatt
    Options
    I've done some research on La Bomba, but apparently not enough!! What makes this stuff so awesome?!?!

Thanks!
    Matt
    Denver, CO
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Shweet!! You should of toasted that up on the egg. Would have been over the top!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Now, I would hafta say ,that's outta da box!Looks Tastee TOO! :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    It's Canadian crack even though it's Italian. My wife is hooked on it.
  • Hoss
    Options
    MYSTIQUE!!!!! :woohoo: :whistle: :ohmy:
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    In a nutshell, flavor and heat. I came across a recipe that looks like it would have a similar result in abook called Gameday Gourmet. If it pans out, I'll post. Scott
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    True, just 50 seconds in the microwave brought the brisket to life, melted the cheese and softened the wrap.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    looks great scott!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Permit me to TRY to explain LaBomba with a parallel story I learned with COORS beer.

I went to college in the early 60's meaning I found this magic thing called beer. I quickly learned of this incredible beer called COORS, which at that time was only available in Colorado - it became a legend - a MUST HAVE beer legend, if you will.

Eventually there were bars in KC, MO that would bring it in in draft form and it was a pilgrimage to KC to quaff this beer!

Nowadays COORS is just another beer.

LaBomba is NOT readily available in the USA.

Trust me and others - LaBomda IS the bomb! It is great!

Here was a picture of my hoard!
    IMG_0835.jpg

I say hoard since one jar is now gone and I felt it was worthy of this respect... :laugh:
    IMG_0945.jpg

I hope that before too long LaBomba can be made available in the USA! and I don't have to keep hiding my unopened jars in my HIDDEN BULLETPROOF SAFE ROOM!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Getting your lips on a Coors in the early 80's was like............!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ron,

Don't know if you know this but the importer has their own bomba. Not as good but it comes in a 3 litre jar. It has the Italian, la bomba, the French le Bombe and the English....The Bomb. The French cracks me up cause I keep thinking about Peter Sellers when I read it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hoss
    Options
    Colorado GOLD! :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Steve...interesting...do you mean Aurora Distributing there in Canada? Is that the same product bottled for England called The Bomb? We have a very unique super packed store here that carries all sorts of English food products. I wonder it I could special order through them - but I'd only do it if it is the same as LaBomba.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ron,

No, everything sold in Canada has English and French labelling.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON