Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork overnighter

Options
Don Marco
Don Marco Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy folks...

Didnt have pulled pork in a while now and thought it was a good idea to stock up on it.

Heres two Pork Butts rubbed with Big Green Egg Pecan seasoning and injected with Apple Juice, Jim Beam, some of the rub and melted butter.

57_P1050027_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050028_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050026_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050029_Small_1.jpg

Put em on the Large Egg at 11pm last night with some Pecan and cherry for smoke and dialed in the temperature at 250.
BBQ Guru is awesome to get a good nights sleep and not having to worrie about temperatures at all.

57_P1050042_Small_1.jpg

57_guru3_2.jpg

Heres the meat 13 hours later, almost done

57_P1050044_Small_1.jpg

And now its pulled and i just had an awesome Sandwich with pulled pork, barbecue sauce, onion and chipotle slaw. smi5.gif

57_P1050046_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050047_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050048_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050049_Small_1.jpg

a_cheers.gif

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Breakfast of champs there!!! Nice! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Lei'd-n-Egg
    Options
    Don you are an artist. Those butts look incredible.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Looks great Don!
    I just smoked one butt yesterday and I almost injected it but I changed my mind.
    All in all how did you like the inject?

Did the inject leave the meat more flavorful?

Were the butt's juicer because they were injected?

Thanks Tim
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    DAMN does that sandwich look good!!! Think some pork butts may be on the egg this weekend.

Thanks for sharing
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Options
    DM,

Looks fantastic! I'm going to have to look into getting that BBQ Guru...for long overnight cooking, I rely on my son who typically strolls in around 2AM...then I get up around 5AM...
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    2Fategghead wrote:
    Looks great Don!
    I just smoked one butt yesterday and I almost injected it but I changed my mind.
    All in all how did you like the inject?

Did the inject leave the meat more flavorful?

Were the butt's juicer because they were injected?

Thanks Tim

Tim,

the flavour inside was very good, and so was the moisture. Next time i might add a little bit of vinegar to the mix.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Very nice Don! The finished picture (#7)is beautiful!! So it looks like you're pulling around 195? I love the Cyber Q. Looks like you love to play with your food. That's pretty creative! The little guy looks pretty good after 13 hrs. with all that Jim Beam injected into him. :)
    Is your chipotle slaw a top secret recipe or would you want to share it?? It sounds like something I would love.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Great job! Nice info from the Stoker (?) or CyberQ...most excellent smoke ring, too! Was trying to figure out if you were trying to make a smiley face or frowning face with your sandwich like the commercials on TV :)
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    That looks great! Did the bourbon make a difference? I'm a Makers Mark guy myself so of course.....I'm interested B)
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    That looks really good
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Awesome cook. That looks really good. I really like the "face" of the sandwich. Don't know if you meant to do that, but it looks kind of like one of the aliens from Star Wars faces. :lol::lol::lol:
  • field hand
    Options
    Looks great. I put an 8 pounder on this morning at 5:30 am, will be finished in a few hours. Hope it turns out as well as your's.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    Just got my Large Egg a month ago so I'm new to this. How did you get the temp and time graph? Thanks
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Kentucky Wildcat Fan, Welcome to the forum! :)

In answer to your question he is using a CyberQ II pit controller. Once he's hooked up and running his cook you simply monitor you cook using a PC and the CyberQ II software and a USB cable. It's the new age man! :woohoo: Tim

I personally would suggest you get hands on eggsperience on you BGE for a time.

http://www.thebbqguru.com/products/CyberQ-II-Package.html
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    Thanks! I've smoked whole turkey, grilled steaks, burgers, chicken and pizza. Also baked an apple pie. All has turned out great. Glad to purchased. Gonna try ribs this weekend.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY