Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Photos - Pizza Cook

Options
MileHighMatt
MileHighMatt Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not sure what took so long to post photos!?!? Here are a few from this weekends cook. I also did my first brisket on Saturday. It was 6.1 lbs and turned out much better than I was expecting. Amazing! I just filled her up, tuned it in to 250 and didn't open the top for 11 hours! I used the Dizzy Pig recipe, 1/2 Cow Lick and 1/2 Turbinado sugar. Great!! I only had the before pictures, so I won't post those.

However, here are a few pizzas from Sunday. The first is your standard maragharita. The second is my first attempt at seafood pizza. It has shrimp, a semi-not-so-bad-for-you white sauce, fontina and fresh mozzarella cheese. It has taken quite a few attempts, but I am finally getting used to the pizza thing! I find that thin crusts, high heat, parchment paper, and a light amount of toppings make for a good pie!

CIMG1155.jpg

CIMG1157.jpg

CIMG1156.jpg

CIMG1158.jpg

Matt
Denver, CO

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    SHWEET!! You're chugging along nicely! You've braved pizza quick. It took me 3 years.. haha
    Keep up the pics!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • c tredwell
    Options
    Ata boy Matt! Great lookin pies, but you must have drank the margarita too quick for the photo to be shot!! :woohoo: :woohoo: ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Great looking pies you have done there.

GG
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Great photos Matt and the pizzas look delicious.

Gator

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    MHM,Great pics,YUMMEE lookin pies!Way to come out swingin! I agree excessive toppins are the downfall of most zas! :)
  • Lei'd-n-Egg
    Options
    Matt, the pies look great! Really love the crispy looking crust on the first one.
  • KMO_Q
    KMO_Q Posts: 150
    Options
    MHM,
    Fantastic...Looks like you used parchment paper instead if corn meal, any issues? Also what type of stone did you use..thanks
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Matt,
    Thanks for sharing the photos. Great looking pizzas.
    Nice peel too!
  • MileHighMatt
    Options
    Parchment paper is key!! I did have an issue once, but what was I going to expect... I only had a pampered chef pizza stone and based on what I have read here, you only use that once!

So... I just put the pizza directly on the plate setter (I knew better, but didn't have time to get to the store) Worked fine around 500. However, the second attempt at 650 was a different story, after 5 minutes the parchment paper became part of the solid black mass called the bottom of the pizza. Tried one for 3 min, same results. Lets just say that I had to cut the bottom off the two pizzas! It was shortly after that I picked up the BGE stone. Great purchase!

Matt