Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myron Mixon on Leno tonite!!

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Anne gee whiz, next time stand up and yell and wave to us!! :woohoo:
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    LMAO :laugh:
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    The cameras weren't pointing at me, that's for sure. :).
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    They wouldn't put a crazy yelling person on the show ;)
  • reelgem
    I'd put money on it that he doesn't Wayne. What do you think?
  • I think the guy helping him was Johnny Trigg? And I thought it was Pete. So watch out for Paul on the bbq trail?

Eddie
  • Myron is someone who tells you exactly what he is thinking. He has already stated on The BBQ Forum that he is doing what was asked of him. When I was interviewed that is all they kept asking was what's The deal between Myron and Chris Lilly? They wanted me to talk smack on Myron yet I didn't. When I worked with Myron, Dr. BBQ and Chris Lilly at The Greenbrier during their BBQ class there they were all Great! All three of them helped me out tremndously with my competition BBQ. I learned so much from all of them and picked up so many tips that I saw immediate results. I do not do lot of contest yet I place alot better now then I did before I met these three men. One of the best lessons I learned was that if you want to win at a contest you have to treat it like your JOB!! this was mainly from Myron. Contests used to be the only time I would get off during the summer time I treated them like my vacation and a party for my friends and I . Now at a contest my buddies party the most and focus on my anything butt categories and now I focus on the main four categories and I try to stay focused. One last thing not only did these guys treat me as a friend and give me many tips they still all treat me in the exact same manner every time I see them and I have since left the Greenbrier. I have a Jack's old South smoker and an Egg given to me as thanks from these guys and a job from the other one. I am sorry this is so long yet I hate seeing Great people get bashed and not stick up for themselves. SO consider some of these things when you are watching the next episode. Hoss
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I was lucky enough to be able to fly from St Louis to Atlanta in August to see Myron at BGE headquarters. I think BobbyQ and Gene(crimsongator) will tell you that he seemed genuinely stunned that someone would travel that far just to see him. He was very personable and gave out a lot more information than most of us expected to get. Quite a few felt he gave out more info than he normally would at a one day demo cook because he wanted to make it worth my trip. Also surprising was the fact that he knew I was in the bbq business, although I don't compete, and yet still gave us plenty of info.
    After that trip Myron sent me an email of thanks for making the trip and invited me to come have drinks with him at Murphysboro or KC. Hardly the actions of a real life a$$h*le.
    I have a sister-in-law that directs and produces television shows including for that network. She will tell you that it's not very hard to take four positive comments and edit them to come out negative.
    From my experience, and I'm sure others will tell you that even if the portrayal of Myron is accurate, he isn't even close to being the biggest jerk competing.
    Reelgem, you will love his class.
  • reelgem
    I really respect your take on this. You probably could write a book on your experiences. You are extremely talented and humble. I wish you would've been on the Pitmaaster show instead of Paul. Best of luck in your comps this year. If you ever need a helper I'll be ready after Myron's class. Just let me know. I'd be honored.
  • Crimsongator
    ...and then there was the comment on the expertly cooked lamb. Myron knows when and where to give praise.
  • reelgem
    Thanks for stepping up and giving some positive words. People are so quick to criticize. I'm really looking forward to the class and meeting Myron. I heard that he's had people come from as far as Japan for this class.
  • TXTriker
    So very true. Thanks for the insight Hoss.
  • CBBQ
    I think it can be easy to criticize if you don't have all of the information at hand. Some of us have a lot more first hand experience with those people than just what's shown on the television. I also think people don't always differentiate between barbecuing and competitive barbequing which can cover the entire spectrum from cooking area to parsley in a box. And cooking to time, which goes against what most of us do around here. Any time you throw the word "competition" out there the game changes. And that show is about competition.
    I was also lucky enough to spend three days with Mike Mills at his place in Murphysboro, IL and he is also one of the nicest guys I've met.
  • TXTriker
    You're right. Anne didn't get on the show! ;)
  • CBBQ
    Right after he said he wanted to use Chris' book to light his fire. LOL.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Paul's day job is as a chef at a restaurant somewhere in Texas (Arlington?), so you don't have to worry about getting his lame 'cue by mistake.
  • CBBQ
    I'd be surprise if he doesn't keep up the persona only because he's there to promote that show.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Hoss,, saw you a few times working with Chris at the Royal. The show does make it look more like fun than a job but they don't air all the prep and work that goes into it. Anne I kept looking for you in the Dizzy camp but :( :( Thanks for the Royal shirt. ;)
  • Crimsongator
    Yeah, well there was that comment too!
  • Crimsongator
    But the drunk guy poking Johhny Trigg in the chest made it
  • Crimsongator
    He provided so much information. It was a wonderful class put on by some very knowledgable folks (Dobie and Bobby included)
  • Thanks Hoss!! I hope all the naysayers notice what EVERYONE that has met Myron has said about him. Quite a difference from what TLC is making him out to be.
    Tom
  • SteveinTN
    SteveinTN Posts: 232
    thanks for letting me know...
    i have enjoyed the show.
  • Well when you watch the american royal episode I am the guy helping Chris Lilly out. I work for him now in Decatur Al. Hoss
  • Yeah that made me laugh!! Hoss
  • thougt that was you on the tube last night,, and thanks for telling me about ramps, years ago.. hope you are happy at the new job
    bill
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Ken Thanks for posting facts about something that has drwan nothing more than spaculative comments since the show began....I been standing behind Myron from the get go...but certainly don't have the personal knowledge you do of the man himself...hope all is well with ya my friend..
  • Crim- any idea why Dobie did not make it on the show? I thought from the class he was Myron's right hand man.
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • CBBQ
    I think some of us know that comment and the one about Chris L. only winning 2 world championships was totally tongue-in-cheek.
  • CBBQ
    It's sort of like the post about eggfest's. It's all about the people. I hope to see you at the FLA eggfest.