Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Banana Balinese

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
banana2.jpg
<p />The wife brought home some bananas last night and after grilled chicken from the Egg - I tossed on 2 whole (4 halves if my math is correct) bananas balinese like Bambi did them. Unfortunately they didn't come out as perect as hers but I was in the "ball park".[p]I see KennyG is going to do some for a party and I wanted to pass along my experiences so he can do a better job than I on his first attempt. As you can see they look sort of like Bambi's (pics on my website) but I am not as patent as she and I kinda slopped the paste on the banana. My problem was I let the mixture drip down on the fire and I got an oily/sugar smoke started and it imparted that taste to the balinese. Not bad but not perfect. Next time I'll be more careful.[p]I also cooked them for about 10 min and maybe 13-14 would have been better. I didn't cut the ends off the bananas before I started either, that made removing them harder. Live and learn the hard way -- thats my motto![p]Lets us know how yours comes out Kenny.[p]Tim

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Thanks for the tips! This dish looks almost too good to be true. I was going to follow Bambi's recipe to the letter on my first attempt and see what happens. I hope I can find my digcam (it's in one of the boxes I have yet to unpack) by the weekend.[p]K~G

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    KennyG,
    Sure does look great...and who woudda thunk to do bananas on the egg![p]I wonder if MikeO posted the egged pineapple recipe. Those are worth doing.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]You cookin' devil you, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you last weekend. Having done bananas foster in a cast iron skillet, why not bananas on the Egg? The pineapple recipe looked fab also. It's great to be able to find time for Eggin again!![p]K~G
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I emailed him days ago asking for it - have heard nothing from him. I also want to know how he did that PP. Its was the best!![p]Tim