Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable rig and spider?

Options
BADaQ
BADaQ Posts: 159
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What else? is it a must to have a woo3? what is its purpose? what about a cast iron grate? Right now Im set to buy the AR, Spider, wok and stone. Anybody else got any suggestions? I can hardly hold back my excitement. Thanks for all the help!

Comments

• CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Someone else may correct me here, but I doubt you'll need the Woo in addition to the AR. The only suggestion I might make is to spring for the Sliding Grid system along with the AR. It is the absolute whip if you want to cook 6 slabs of ribs without piling them up in rib racks. The whole shebang is a little pricey, but you'll probably save some money on shipping. The photo below is only 4 slabs, but you get the idea.

MoreWetBabybacks.jpg

I love the AR and use it on at least 50 percent of my cooks, 100 percent of the low and slows. I figure that there is no such thing as too much pulled pork or ribs.

Cheers,

Joe
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    i agree with joe. i got the AR/spider combo for Christmas and love it. have already used it for several raised direct cooks and did a two tier rib cook this weekend.

roll tide!
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good list started.
    I suggest an instand read thermometer like a Thermopen, A remote thermometer with two probes.
    other toys.. plate setter, adjustable rig w/ spider ,pizza stone, a castiron grate, a turbo Grate, and if your doing long cooks you might look into a DigiQ-2 from BBQ Guru ,a reusable drip pan, ash tool.And a wok.You can do almost any thing with those.
    A table to put your egg in gives you a nice work surface and makes cooking on the egg much easier.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    If you're getting the AR/ spider, the woo3 would be redundant. CI grid is great for searing, use mine a LOT.
  • Q-Man
    Q-Man Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a newbie and need help here. What is a woo and ar? also, I don't see any of this (including the rack pictured) on the BGE website. Where do you get them?

Thanks! :huh:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ;)
  • SteveinTN
    SteveinTN Posts: 232
    Options
    the cast iron grate is a must have!
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    The medium cast iron grid can sit on the spider, which lowers it closer to the coals, for excellent searing and grill marks when you want to TRex your steaks.

Then just drop in your adjustable rig on top for a raised grid to finish roasting to the desired internal temp.