Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Family

Options
Love Handles
Love Handles Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good Morning Everybody--This BGE thing is starting to take over the little town of Lake Havasu, Arizona. Since me and a couple of friends got our eggs, we've grown to about 8 guys having eggs now, and a couple more on the horizon. Man this is fun. Now we order big orders of rubs and sauces from Nature Boy and Bluesmoke to share, got to meet Nature Boy, New Bob and DrBBQ in the Firey Food Show, and all in all, just having a great time with our Eggs. Its even raining today in the desert and thats a good thing, since it will be getting up to about 120 soon enough around here. Life is GOOD!! See-Yaa

Comments

• Fairalbion
    Fairalbion Posts: 141
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    I've noticed the same thing in our neighborhood. A friend on the tennis team used to bring incredible snacks to the matches & he told us about this Big Green Egg. That was about two years ago. Now I know of at least 6 others who are Eggers.

--
    Andrew (BGE owner since 2002)
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    Same thing happening here in Montpelier, Vermont. I remember being 1 of 2 people having a BGE, the other being the owner of the store who sells the BGE locally. Since I have mine located where you can see me cooking as you walk/drive by there has been a lot of interest. I even did "complementary" chicken wings and hot dogs when we had a couple garage sales.....cooked them on the small BGE while I had some type of roast in the large. There now are 14 plus around town and the best part is I've been to 5 of the "first cooks" to talk through the functions of the BGE. We'll soon be moving to the other side of Vermont so I'll have to find some new people to introduce the BGE to!!

• Jawjajoe
    Jawjajoe Posts: 51
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    My Son Wes, moved to Maranna, Az in November. He graduated from Ga Tech in spring of '03. We have had an Egg for several years and when he was asked what he wanted for X-mas you know what his responce was. So when we drove there we took the mini that was in the camper. The people in his neighborhood knew nothing of us egg-heads. I don't know what part of Az you're in but I'm sure he would be glad to hear from a fellow egger. Thanks.[p]Joe

• Love Handles
    Options
    jawjajoe,
    Looks like Marana is about 150-200 miles from my town of Lake Havasu. Lake Havasu is home to the London Bridge. I also forgot to add in my last post that I am now the proud owner of 3 eggs. One large and 2 smalls. One for the motorhome and one for the built in BBQ unit thats being built. See-Yaa

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    LoveHandles,
    I visited Lake Havasu back in the early 70's...saw the bridge. What a neat place! I'm sure it's changed some since then. Keep those Eggs repopulating.[p]Mike

• Love Handles
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Hey Lawn Ranger, one of my friends bought me one of your grid lifters a while back. Great tool. If fact, I've been thinkings about getting one of all your tools. Lets work up a deal for a few of your tools. Lake Havasu has changed in the last few years. I moved here in 1987 and there was about 25,000 people and now its about 50,000. I'm riding my Harley with about 40 others to New Orleans in May and we're going through Texas. Where are you at?See-Yaa

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    LoveHandles,[p]I'm in San Antonio. I'll e-mail you.