Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All I can say is WOW!

Options
Plastic Army Man
Plastic Army Man Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have owned the BGE large and reading this forum for over six months and I have improved my grilling by leaps and bounds. I already had friends and family that would ask me to cook for them when they would come over BE (Before the Egg), but since I have gotten the Egg, thing have gone to a whole new level. I have done several spatchcock chickens using lemon pepper and garlic salt, I usually brine them only to add a small amount of salt flavor throughout. I think this help to impart the spices throughout the meat. Well last night my wife cooked spatchcock chicken as we always do but this time we put some Red Rooster on it. WOW! I cleaned my plate, I was using my wife’s homemade bread to get every last drop of juice. It was eggceptional. My oldest daughter put the juice on her mashed potatoes. My youngest daughter asked if we could have chicken again tomorrow. It was one of the quietest dinners we have had in a long time, with the exception of chicken bones hitting the plate. [p]Thanks Ken for the spices, and keep up the good work!

Comments

• Bambi
    Bambi Posts: 38
    Options
    Plastic Army Man,
    What is "Red Rooster"? Where to buy or how to make it?
    thanks

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bambi,
    red rooster is a rub made by none other than ken stone (aka "bluesmoke"). .. ken makes some of the best rubs and sauces around. .. he doesn't have a web site, but you can contact him through the bge forum here, or via email at[p]kenstone@mail.4edisp.net[p]my personal favorites are his gilded splinters rub (great on ribs and fish) and withy red rubs (fantastic on burgers, pork, ribs so far). .and his happy pappy and big chief sauces. . ..[p]he has others as well, those are just my favorites. . .

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Plastic Army Man,
    Thank you, sir, and while I'm handing out thanks, Thank you Max.[p]If you're interested, Bambi, click on my name above and drop me a message.[p]Ken

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Bambi,[p]Have you moved yet? and how in the workd can someone have too many grills?
    Been a while nice to see you again.[p]

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    sunrise3.jpg
    <p />Plastic Army Man,[p]This is THE PLACE! This forum took me from zero to master in a matter of weeks. I get lots of "reverse invitations", where people invite themselves for me to cook for them. Now that I've moved to the lake house, it'll be worse this summer. But... that's what makes life good.