Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Froze Shut

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In Florida? :huh: Who would have thought. We have been below freezing almost every night for over a week. I got ready to cook some tips and one of my uncovered Eggs with a new gasket was frozen shut. I guess I will use one of the covered Eggs for dinner. I have heard of domes freezing shut but I just didn't think it would get cold enough for long enough to do it here in the Sunshine State. :laugh: The worst part about it being cold in Florida is...No snow. :(

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Break out the sled dogs, Eddie :)

It hasn't been ABOVE freezing here in over a week. I made jerk chicken the other night and it was 22f. I was hoping the heat of the scotch bonnets would keep me warm!

Hang in there, Spring is coming!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oh waaa Eddie. Go cook something for us to look at!! :laugh: :)
    I finished leftovers tonight. Got my grub pulled for tomorrow.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    The cold dosen't bother me as much as the misses. It dosen't usually slow me down too much but then again I live in Florida. The tips are on and as soon as there done the scraps will get cooked for my sled team. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Lei'd-n-Egg
    Options
    Eddie, Pcola must be pretty darn cold though. Did you get that freezing rain last night? Wasn't quite cold enough here in O-town, but it rained and its still pretty chilly.

Bryan
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Eddie,
    still haven't had that happen. :laugh: that's funny sheat.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Yes, the rains came and went then the temps fell like a rock. :)
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Chris, at least you got the snow. :(
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Adam I don't know how my Southern Belle daughter does it up there in Minnesoooota. She has her moms thin blood. :laugh: