Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wingsanity!!!

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a one track mind. While there were so many delicious flavors at E2K, the one that I just had to try right away was that wing flavor. Maybe this was due at least in part to the fact that BBQfan1 donated some awesome sauce. Anyway, now that I've slept for a total of about 4 hours in the past 6 days (E2K, lots of driving, then term paper), I'm ready to refocus on some fun things for a few days before my final. Fortunately, I'm out of food in my apt so I've an excuse to go shopping. I think I may grab some large wings and a couple bags of royal oak lump (~$9.99 per bag at Kings supermarket 5 minutes from where I work in Whitehouse Station, NJ) and go to town this evening.[p]Wings this evening then maybe some ribs tomorrow. BGE and free time: perfect together![p]Cornfed

Comments

• Kevin B
    Kevin B Posts: 4
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I missed the "special sauce" at E2K. By the look/read of things, I missed something big! What was it? Who brought? Is it obtainable? Egg-quiring minds want to know...[p]Kevin B

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Kevin B,[p]The "special sauce" is the Anchor Bar buffalo wing sauce. This place is where it all began. It's supposedly where buffalo wings were created. BBQfan1 very graciously brought some bottles to E2K and I was lucky enough to grab one. I have a personal favorite local wing joint that I adore so I'm pretty much a wing snob. One taste of BBQfan1's wings with this sauce was enough to convince me that this stuff is the real deal. Awesome flavor with a good amount of heat. I made some wings the other day with this sauce and loaded up some extra topping sauce and was able to attain a good amount of heat while maintaining it's great flavor.[p]You have a few options: wait for Eggtoberfest and hope that BBQfan1 goes and stops at the Anchor bar and very graciously gifts some more sauce, go there yourself, or order it online.[p]BBQfan1 made a believer out of me with his wings. Also note that if this stuff is not hot enough for you, Jobu can chime in and recommed a place to order something called "pure hab." This stuff will burn your mouth, take the paint off your walls, and steal your childrens' lunch money. It is one of the hottest elements known to man. A couple drops is enough to clear your sinuses for about a year.[p]Cornfed
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Here you go. Scroll down the page and the product is called
    "Habanero 750". You can click the link and see a photo along with a brief description. It's 750,000 Scoville Units and is 300X hotter than tobasco sauce. Blairs 3AM Reserve is between 1,500,000-2,000,000 Scoville Units! The Blair's is also approx $40.[p]Flame On!
    Jobu

[ul][li]SamMcGees Hot Sauces[/ul]