Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morels on BGE?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have a receipe/instructions on how a guy could fix some morel mushrooms while say in the last stage of grilling steaks? At least to me they are too precious to waste or experiement with, but I'm willing to try if there's a chance of something wonderful in the offing!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    RRP,[p]I bet your done eating by now.[p]I use to do morels in a cast iron skillet and dipped in egg and bread crumbs. You might try that on a fish grid (cleaned ofcourse). [p]Let us know what you try - I can't recall any posts about mushrooms on the forum before.[p]Tim
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    RRP, I having a heck of a time finding morels this year. A friend came over with a bunch that had popped up in his yard. I just cooked them in butter in a cast iron skillet, which could be done on the egg. JCA

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Julie, It has been slim pickins for me too this year...not enough moisture in our parts. On the other hand I found two rascals stomping around in "my happy hunting ground" last night so maybe it's not so secret anymore! I'll stick to my standard of egg and flour and swimmin' in BUTTER all on the stove. I just thought with all the creative people here someone might have popped up with something different. Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RRP, I just delivered a bag of about a 12-15 Morels to my neighbor - they were picked over the last few days in the areas surrounding the grass - just never developed a taste for cooked mushrooms.[p]
  • Kevin B
    Kevin B Posts: 4
    Options
    RRP,
    I do quite a lot of 'shrooms on the egg, with great results. I use the cast iron, throw in the butter, chop-up some chives and let 'er rip! Just did them last night before I cranked the heat for the steaks. Jilly B almost requires that I do them whenever I'm cooking anything else on the egg.[p]Kevin B

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    RRP,[p]If it ain't broke....[p]Bone appétit! JCA