Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini 10" CI Grate

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there such an animal out there? About to look on Amazon too. Who has one and do I even need one for the mini?

Thanks....and Go SEC/Bama!

LJ

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    It would be very nice on a mini but you are going to have to cut one yourself or have it cut.
    Have not seen one offered.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I agree - they really aren't that hard to make since cast iron is a soft metal. I have made 3 for small BGEs.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Options
    RRP
    My new Mini has a 10 inch grate.
    Please give me a price to make one.
    ps: stand away from the computer as I will not be the only person wanting one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    Options
    one like this:
    IMG_00851.jpg

and two like this:
    IMG_1670.jpg
  • RRP
    Options
    Whether I offer or not depends on availability of a cast iron grill. Let me see if Lowes has any in stock this time of year.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Sounds good.
    Call me and I will get you the exact size when you find out if you can get product.
    Mickey Rawls

• Mickey
    Options
    RRP I owe you a big one. If I can do anything for you in the Central Texas / Fort Hood area of Texas call on me.
    We have a 24 bay shop and I never thought about cutting one myself. I talked with our guys and they said no problem. Just get a CI grate.
    Thanks once more.
    I still think you could do well cutting them and selling to mini owners.

• Lanier Jim
    Options
    RRP - Check your email. Thanks

LJ
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Check out the "tips" section of my website below...part numbers included..you can make a CI grid for the small and mini for under $28.....
  • Mickey
    Options
    Wess thank you for the direction.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    My pleasure....there's nothing to it really..as long as you have a side grinder...my mini grid could have been a little biggger but it works fine...
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Mickey, I'm glad you love your new mini and take such good care of it :)
  • Mickey
    Options
    I only have it because of you and your topnotch Plano Fest and the fact that Judy laid down her ticket on the table and I got it :ohmy: :whistle: :evil:

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Delete,Delete! :pinch: :woohoo:
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Wes

I did that a couple of years ago. But I cheated. I took it to a welding shop and they did the plasma thaang on it. It was worth what ever I paid. Still cheaper than store bought. I love 'em. Thanks
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    Check out the "tips" section of my website below...part numbers included..you can make a CI grid for the small and mini for under $28.....
    Dang it-went on-line and the sku doesn't work!