Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Out of Practice mistake and Christmas Gift

AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First for the mistake. Only my second cook during my vacation from Iraq. Made a spatchcock the other night for dinner. Today smoking 9 racks of bb ribs for son and daughter to eat while wife and I are taking a belated (23 years) honeymoon to Vegas. Also some for the neighbors and for a friend of my son's dad who took him to the bowl game in Houston, paid for tickets and dinner.

Oh, the rookie mistake was that on 5 of the racks I forgot to pull the membrane off and didn't realize until I was seasoning the last 4 and the others were already on the grill, hope they turn out alright. Also tried rubbing them with yellow mustard before applying the rub. 5 racks with JH pecan rub and the last 4 with just fresh ground pepper, seasoned salt, and paprika.

Also trying out the new Christmas gift from the wifey, hope I get it right.

Sorry to be so long winded. whew

Will post pics of the finished products later.

Christmas Gift
DSC01963.jpg

4 Racks ready to go on/membranes off
DSC01964.jpg

Cyber Q at work
DSC01965.jpg

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Those bad ribs, just drop off at the store and I will toss for you :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    The membrane will be just fine. You can pull it off after their done. Good luck to all. Tom
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You'll get back in the swing. Welcome home and have a great time in Vegas!! Great Christmas gift!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Welcome back AG. Leave the membraned ones for the kids, they won't even notice :laugh: Enjoy your vacation/ honeymoon you've earned it.
  • Thanks Poolman, you're right had the son do a taste test and he said they were good and didn't notice. Just hard to admit a mistake when you know you should have caught it. :sick:

Will enjoy the trip, first one without the kids in like 19+ years!!