Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

my favorite use of the ever sooo good LaBomba!

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 9:19AM in EggHead Forum
The stuff is good anyway you eat it ,but seems like the most go to use for me is on my pizza and pizza crust.I just layer it on thick and man oh man is it good!!

404.jpg
405.jpg

Comments

• what is it

Dave M.
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • RRPRRP Posts: 19,204
    I want to try that, but first I have to solidify a source - already hooked, but don't want to use up enough for a whole pizza. Curious though how much did you use...half a jar or maybe more?
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Ever try that stuff on a meatball sub? Terrific.

I love it on pizza too.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    I have your back Ron...how many jars are you down to by now?
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike......such abundance.....I treat my bomba with chopsticks to make it last.... :P
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Your killing me Mike!! It's so yummy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hi Mike,

I got your e-mail on the charity Harley raffle. I'm in again this year, and I'll pitch it to a few people at work as well.
  • ClamClam Posts: 117
    So do folks put it on before cooking the pizza or after? I assume after to avoid it being soggy.
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Ron all i do is a pizza no Bomba then when i eat it that is when i slater it with the golden paste!!mmmmmm heavenly tasty!!
    Thanks Cory, don't forget to send me your mailing addy so i can send you the ticket stub!!
    i put it on after as i eat it.
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    You Canadians are soooo lucky. I just used the last jar Little Steven gave me at Nieggra Fest.
    "gave you"? GAVE YOU?? You don't really understand addiction do you????

Sorry, Little Steven, I'm razzing you, buddy...after all, who in his right mind would offend his Italian crack source...
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980
    Ron,

It was you that insisted on dealing as I remember. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AngelaAngela Posts: 528
    What is this laBomba stuff I keep hearing about?
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
    yup...you are right...now please excuse the HORRIBLE SOUND WHILE I PULL OUT MY TONGUE with their taste buds that got me addicted!
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • What is the La Bomba? Is it a barbecue sauce it looks more like pizza sauce.

We have a Walmart and Riesbecks grocery store near us can you get it there or do you order it on line?

Dave M.
    in Wheeling West Va
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • Two people, one twice, asked what this stuff is, and have gone ignored. Funny how people on this site only respond to familiar handles...kind of like a senior citizen high school clique...

Ping Old Farts: Get a life.
    Why in the world don't you bite me?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Didn't think so. Even under anonymity. Have a nice day!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    ..!.. :)
    HOSS,

Dammit, you are one of the "In crowd" Chrissake we never got over the teenage years. Don't matter that we have ventured out to eggfests, shared a bevvy, cleaned up the shiznet after the afterparty. Gawd this pisses me off.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

It is an Italian Antipasti,only available in Canada and Italy.There is a US distributor but no one seems to be able to buy from them unless you own a grocery store and buy in bulk. :huh:
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Last one was better. :) I actually figured what it meant. :P

Cowards...
    Dude,

I was joking. Half in the bag right now and I hope you didn't edit that cause of me. I get pissed off when they talk about the "in crowd".

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Hey Adam,

Think we can talk this old booger into showing up?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

B)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)
    ;) Kinder,gentler Hoss! :laugh: