Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burn Out

Options
Waterscapes
Waterscapes Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to BGE. What is the burn out. Is there something I need to do to my XL. I have used it three times now.

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Some owners desire to burn off the "build up" inside the Egg. If you are a bread or pizza baker, this can help from having a harsh BBQ smell to the EGG.

Other owners are just OCD and desire for the Egg to look new every time they open it. They tend to worry about gaskets, take the insides out to clean behind the fire box, and other habits that just make me smile.
    Kent Madison MS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Careful now, Kent. Next thing you know, you're gonna be talking about people who clean their grids between cooks! Or just clean their grids at all. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Michael
    It just kills me the time waste sweating the little stuff... I say, load the lump, fire it off, burn some meat, eat, drink, and enjoy! :woohoo: :lol:
    Kent Madison MS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Had a Weber for the past 20 years or so. Don't know what came over me, but once I actually got out the hose and a brush and actual SOAP and scrubbed it as clean as I could get it. Even the grid! Looked almost new. Just the one time though - and I got over it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I must concur! ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

GG
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    A burning clean. 650 degrees for 4 hours is fine. Once or twice a year assuming you use the egg at least 100 times per year.