Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My gasket has fallen off!

The Egg from Oz
The Egg from Oz Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We purhased a large Big Green Egg about 6 months back, but only started cooking on it recently. Don't ask me why, but I have now seen the light!

After the first cook (slow cooked ribs) - I couldn't get enough and kept on going. It is everything I expected and we absolutely love it!

Unfortunately after our 3rd cook - the top gasket started coming off the egg on one side. During the fourth cook, the entire top gasket came off and the bottom has started coming loose also. I must say that I'm not impressed and I look to be a victim of failed glue.

Good news is that we are getting a replacement gasket from the store we purchased from. Given that the gasket just came off from the egg - cleaning should also be relatively easy!

Given these issues, I would like to purchase a spare nomex or get a Rutland gasket in case it happens again.

Living in Australia - I don't have any options and I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction as to where I could get one from (I hear that Ron may be able to assist with a Rutland).

Greetings from the land down under!

Comments