Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Summer Sausage Finale

NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well…I weathered my first attempt at making summer sausage.

~20 lbs of fresh bone–in ham produced 15lbs of sausage meat. I double ground the meat, measured out the seasoning and pink salt appropriately and mixed by hand. Then Mikey (No. 2 Son) and I stuffed nine sausages. Next it was to the fatman (med. BGE) at 250 degrees dome temperature using cherry wood chunks for an indirect smoke. Seven, yep, seven hours later the sausages were pulled from the egg at 160 degrees and allowed to rest overnight.

Can’t say I replicated the So. Ill recipe taste but it turned out to be a very tasty summer sausage, more in line with Hickory Farms…but much better (obviously ‘cause the wife and Mikey liked it).

IMG00024-1.jpg
IMG00025-1.jpg
IMG00026-1.jpg
[IMG]IMG00027-1.jpg
IMG00028-1.jpg

Comments