Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2nd cook on new egg

SpeitySpeity Posts: 2
edited 3:08AM in EggHead Forum
2nd cook on the egg tonight. My four boys (10,9,5,4) begged my wife to call me home from work so they could have chicken on the egg. They loved it and asked for 3rds. love it all ready.
·

Comments

• TEXBBQTEXBBQ Posts: 2
    Did my 3rd tonight. First steaks, good but a little too well done for our taste. Will go 6 minutes next time instead of 8. I'm having a blast with mine hope you are too.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

Get a Thermapen (expensive) thermometer but well worth the investment. You would have already saved those stakes.

One of the best tips you can ever learn is to cook (on or off egg) the food to temperature and use time only as a guide.

GG
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the family loving the cooking.

10 & 9 and 5 & 4 :) fun ages.

GG
    ·
  • Welcome Spiety, sounds like you've got your hands full with a quartet of boys there. Congrats on the 2nd cook, but becareful its addicting.

Happy Egging
    Bryan
    ·
  • Where you at? Lots of Texans here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    That's cool!

Mine on ocassion say, Dad can we have something besides meat?

Confused at first...I referenced a couple books and it looks like you can
    actually eat other stuff. :laugh:
    ·
  • That's awesome. How did you cook the chicken?

Welcome to the forum, and continue posting and post pics of your cook!!! What size BGE do you have?

Also, as Grandpa Grub stated, cook to temperature not time. The thermapen is invaluable when cooking on the BGE.
    ·