Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

brisketeers...question for you...

Bama ChadBama Chad Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've only done 1 brisket, and doing another tomorrow for the game. I like to cook the opposing team..ribs for Arky, corndogs for LSU, duck for Aubarn, you get the idea ;) . I respect the 'horns so going to do them right...

OK, so picked up a 6 lb packer, i know not very big, but it's what it is...so your suppose to cut flat against the grain..so tell me which way is the grain going here? figured this would be best way to know for sure and get your guidance.

1st 2 pics, are fat side up, point to the left, grain looks to be north to south?

2nd 2 pics, reverse side, fat side down, grain looks to be east to west..I assume this is correct direction of grain but just wanted to get some opinions...my brisket knowledge is limited are far as actual cooking, but have researched a bit on the sites...

seems like both sides contradict each other...

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

Comments