Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Dealer Going to Quit

Options

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I paid $1,300 + tax for my large, egg, nest, 1 bag lump, ash cleaner, DFMT, mates.

Wish I could have gotten it at a fest price and saved a bunch of money.

I am glad and happy I got my egg and don't regret spending the money at all.

GG
  • i started to post something similar rod... but i held back. glad you said it.

one idle comment about sears and BGE in the same sentence, and everyone goes absolutely batsh!t nutty.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

GG
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I may go cook up a batch of 45-day dry aged galvanized bolts wrapped in aluminum foil on my egg with a rutland gasket. Then I will leave them on the coutner precisely 4 hours and 1 minute before consuming them.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Never looked at the market before last year. Never had the money, never had the interest. Last winter/spring bought Ford @ 1.86, it's over 11 now. Would be wild if it would pay a dividend or split a few times. ;) :woohoo:

Gator

• i bought ge and citi at the bottom. ge will be fine, citi (c) is a toss up.

but you can't sell high if you never buy low.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    What rub and sauce do you recommend?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• keep them in the cryo and they will be fine
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    That was done without BGE's blessing. You will notice that it is not being done any more. BGE didn't want Eggs sold in Sam's and almost certainly still doesn't.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Let me set a couple of things straight and put everyone's minds to ease. Regardless of what you might hear on the rumor mill, Big Green Egg is not selling our product to Sears or any other "big box" comapny. We value our dealer network and we work hard every day to improve it.

The Big Green Egg Cookbook will be available to Big Green Egg Dealers exclusively until June of 2010 at which point it will be put in the general distribution network for the publisher. So Sears is incorrect when they say it will be for sale in February. Originally it was going to be March 1st but we had them change that to June 1st and Sears obvioulsy doesn't keep in touch with their distributor very well.

For the fortunate folks who pre ordered and paid for their books through Big Green Egg, those books will be signed by Ed Fisher, which makes the book much more special, and in my opinion more valuable.

So you might be able to get the book at the reduced price, but you can't get that until June at the earliest, and the one you bought and paid shipping on will be the special autographed copy.
  • I wonder how many thousand they could sell in an hour on QVC.
  • Deadskins
    Options
    I bought my egg 5+ years from BarbeqGalore and they had no service at the time. Of course, they are now out of business in Norther :( n VA. The local place in Fairfax, VA sucks and would not order me a new ring because I did not buy it from them.
    Fortunate, the BGE HQ has GREAT service and has always come thru for me.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Flat view? :blink:
    Thanks for clearing the Water Bobby and to Rod, what time for dinner? sounds good, I'l bring the hacksaw,,,, umm siverware ;)
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    I may go cook up a batch of 45-day dry aged galvanized bolts wrapped in aluminum foil on my egg with a rutland gasket. Then I will leave them on the coutner precisely 4 hours and 1 minute before consuming them.

If you go even one minute past four hours, then you will die. Just thought I would let you know.........
  • Gator Bait
    Options

My deceased Father was haunting me with "buy low, sell high" over and over. LOL, if I ever play the market again it's going to be anticlimactic compared to this. :laugh:

Gator

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Don't do it...your egg will become filled with poisonous fumes, seeping into the ceramic and poising future cooks :sick: you will make your family very sick...and aluminum foil is made of Tin, at least up hear in the north ;)
  • fidel gives me grief whenever i say "tin foil"

i have to catch myself every time i type it
  • Happy Hog
    Options
    Bobby-Q

Will it be OK to print your post and show to my local retailer

Happy Hog
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks for clearing that up Chris, I wasn't sure what to make my hat out of. I guess it all goes hand in hand with slitting hot dog buns the wrong way and what is "regular" coffee anyways? :blink:

Gator

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Gator Bait wrote:

and what is "regular" coffee anyways? :blink:

"regular" coffee is made from coffee berries that were eaten and digested by civet cats whose diet contains a good variety of dietary fiber
  • Happy Hog
    Options
    Is it to late to order the cookbook from the mother ship
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Thank God, I always had that confused with Kopi Luwak and I'm not that brave. ;) LOL.

Gator

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    One thing I have noticed throughout life is how salespeople always have a "reason" they don't carry something any more. And that reason usually makes them look good.

Then I always wonder if, well, maybe they didn't pay their bill or represent the product well enough.

In the case of your dealer, even if the minimum order IS 12 eggs, that doesn't sound unreasonable for a dealer who is supposed to be selling the product. You get a "wholesale" discount by buying volume. 12 is a "case", minimum 1 case. Sounds normal.

Happy New Year!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I think someone at Sam's hijacked a truck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    For some reason your post makes me want a beer.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    This is the kind of clarification communication that the "Mother Ship" should provide more often here. Way to step up!!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I know if I was selling Eggs, I would buy more than 12 at a time. Sounds like they aren't selling them very well.

You and I each have 3 eggs...so we alone would make up half an order.

If they understand the product and teach the new customers, it will create the passion that is common around here. That combination will sell eggs like a snowball is made. ;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Jeez,

I wanted a beer before Chris's post. But then I always want a beer ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Seems to me that if dealers want to sell the eggs, they need to have the forum bookmaked on their computers to show customers. They should treat the forum as a value added item. If potential buyers see that they get tons of advice pertaining to the BGE here, they may be more inclined to shell out the bucks. I know this forum was a selling point for me.