Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Play by play of my Stoker order

Options
Plumbr44
Plumbr44 Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
O-k people, I did it..... Ordered a Stoker from John yesterday!

Here's how it went so far:

I called the shop direct around noon his time. Answered the phone right away. He must have kicked the cord to his computer while we were talking and were disconnected, I called back and he said his computer needed to reboot in order to take my order so he would call me back. 20 minutes later, he called and my order was placed. Main control boxes are backordered, I think due to the silkscreener being down for the Holidays. No fault of his and he doesn't see a long lead time. He had all the other components.

What a great guy he is!! We chatted briefly about the woes of waiting on parts. I have the same problems at times waiting on a special plumbing part at times. What can you do? He can only tell people what his suppliers tell him. He seemed pretty confident it would be about a week, so I'll post more later. It will be a few months before I can get a CyberQ. I'd like them both, of course.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I have one on order. I ordered 2 or 3 weeks ago. He said it would probably ship in the second week of January. I hope so.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GoonSlapper
    Options
    Gary,

That's the same with me. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, and was told that parts were on back order. I'm so excited to receive mine soon. I can't wait to start using it.

I have no problems with any parts taking a while to get in. It happens, and I understand that. I know that I'll use the stoker for many years, so waiting a few weeks to receive it isn't the end of the world for me.
  • Really? A play by play account of the process of your stoker order?
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Ken,

We may have to compare notes in setting up the wireless bridge, Stokerlog, etc. You wouldn't happen to use a Mac, would you?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• GoonSlapper
    Options
    I don't have a mac, I have a PC. But, I'll be more than happy to share my set-up with yours. I'll e-mail you when I receive mine.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    It's a deal. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Another anonymous post Un-F'ing Believable.

A couple of suggestions:
    . Don't read the post - it is clearly stated
    . Don't be such a coward, use your screen name
    . Don't post at all

GG
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    I have never minded people like that, GG... All I wanted to do was share with the others, and am still quite excited about my new toy coming. With all the posts i've read about service issues, I thought I'd share something good and positive. I firmly believe John is doing the best he can. If I can't say something positive, I tend to keep to myself. I'm shopping right now for some sort of bridge to connect to my network. Waiting on input from a few sources I've been speaking to about how their setups are going.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I don't care about someone posting or complaining but for heck sake have the courage to do it under you screen name.

Before you buy a bridge let me know what you decide on getting. Evidently, I have 3 or 5 routers/bridges here some still new in boxes.

I am going to make some sausage today then if I have time and or stop procrastinating I will get to setting up (figuring out how) get to the wireless bridge working.

Kent
  • Rhino
    Rhino Posts: 39
    Options
    I ordered one about 3 days ago. I can't wait to get it. I'm trying to figure out the best wireless bridge to use for it. Let me know what you find out.

I'm looking forward to getting my stoker and my jerk master in. I just got my high mountain cure and seasoning for some jerky, as soon as everything comes in!

Ryan
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    I'll let all know when I get it, and what I used for networking. I figure the more info out there, the better. In feb., I will start my saving envelope for a CyberQ. I got a jumpstart on my funding for the Stoker and Bridge on a juicy side job, plus I got a 100 dollar rebate from my washer and dryer I bought and forgot I sent in the rebate... That was like free money!!