Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Seasonal Business -Help Wanted

BuBaQlishus
BuBaQlishus Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for feedback from members who run a BBQ business for events, catering or out of a cart for suggestions and help. I am very serious in looking into this for an alternate business to run, having feedback from those who who have learned through trial and error would be a big help and time saver not to mention waited dollars....I have had catering businesses in the past and while I have ideas tried experiences and menu suggestions, processing, etc to maximize marging would be a big help....If you have suggestions or are aware of good businesses to contact for suggestions please email.....
Many Thanks

Comments

• I would like to read your responses as well
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    That's what I do for a living. I do everything from fairs which are a ton of work but can be quite profitable, to service anniversary parties for employees of a public utility. On some occasions I'm just a hired chef to cook chicken, brats and burgers for corporate events and golf tournaments. On site steak cooks using prime meat is one of my top gigs.
    I also have a 40' mobile kitchen that I occasionally take on site or pull up to NC to help Pete(Celtic Wolf) do cooks for the troops. I just spent the month of December being totally swamped with holiday parties.
    The biggest thing for me is to use top end ingredients and offer something different. I also get into tropical/island bbq which sets me apart from everyone else around here.
  • Would really like to learn more...do you happen to have a web site?
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    It's being built. One you can look at is a guy in the Denver area that is very popular. Go to www.philspigoutbbq.com to see his site.
    you can email me at wlm3@sbcglobal.net. The second letter is an "L".
    The two biggest things, besides the health departments and permits that can affect your business are weather and municipalities.
  • And don't forget about insurance. Thats always a bigee.