Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Commitment

Dave in So Cal
Dave in So Cal Posts: 603
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read a lot of posts in which people are asking why they should spend $700-900 for a BGE. When I see and hear about what committed eggers do for BBQ, I understand. I see people egging in rain, snow, and ice; people travelling with their eggs; good cooks getting better; and really good cooks pushing their limits on the BGE.

If you are committed to something, you want to have the best tools you can buy. The level of commitment here on the forum is incredible. I am constantly amazed by what some home cooks are doing.

In order to be the best, you need to have the best equipment. I think that is what a lot of eggers are doing here and why we are willing to spend the big bucks.

So, next time someone asks me why I would spend $700-800 for a charcoal grill, I will tell them that I am committed to making the best food I can for my family and my guests, and the BGE is one of the tools I need to do just that.

Now, if I can just remember all of this brilliance in the heat of battle...

Comments