Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig, SmokingGuitarPlayer

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally ordered the Dizzy Pig spices! Been using all sorts of stuff lately, so I figured I needed to try some of that stuff. Ordered it from the SmokingGuitarPlayer along with a new Grill Extender. Can't wait to cook all weekend long again!! I sure hope it gets here by then....

Comments

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    that SmokingGuitarPlayer you gotta love...I have watched his videos so much I tell my wife "Fred said we should do it this way" and she laughs at me like me and Fred arn't best new friends now..WTH....I never heard of SHILLINGTON Pa but its a vacation coming soon...there's a beach around there somewhere
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Man THAT is funny, because I told my wife that I wanted to find a vacation spot near there too! LMAO! I just want to meet that crazy s.o.b., he is GREAT! He posts here too, you know? I have watched every one of his videos, and when my wife overhears "hey, its Fred Bernardo, the smoking guitar player", she says "what you looking to cook now?". LOL!
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Fred sponsors the Mid-Atlantic eggfest in the spring at his store. Last year was the first one and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully he'll do it again this year. His store is really great!
  • boehmer
    boehmer Posts: 23
    Options
    woodbutcher my old roommate from collage was from Lancaster and he use to talk about some hershey park.. is that around your area?
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Fred's place is near Reading, PA. There are probably some lakes nearby, but no ocean. It is North West of Philadelphia about an hour's drive. Philly makes a nice vacation spot to view revolutionary war places and museums.

We live in Lancaster, PA, about 45 minutes from Fred and this is an Amish area with lots of touristy kinds of things to do. Someone mentioned Hershey Park which is in Hershey, PA, about an hour's drive West of Freds. Hershey has a great amusement park and, of course, the chocolate company with its free chocolate world 'tour' and store.

Nice area to visit and you can visit a great BBQ store.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    A little off topic perhaps, though it IS food related!
    I heard Hershey's sold out, and the factory is now all closed down?
    I used to go there all the time, and to that great antique car show.
    Hope things haven't changed, great place.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I don't know where you hard that but it is not true. I am a share holder and go to their annual meetings. There has been some outsourcing of manufacturing, but the product is still made mostly in Hershey and all facilities are still open. They have an interesting chocolate world store and ride (free) and a great amusement park, car museum, zoo, etc.

To keep this BGE related, it is about an hour away from Fred's where you can buy a BGE or accessories.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA