Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife and the egg......

MileHighMatt
MileHighMatt Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am not sure what to think?!?!

I picked up a large in May of last year and love it!! There have been quite a few good meals come off of it. I can't stop telling everyone about it.

I usually do most of the actual cooking, but with only two of us that work a lot of hours (less than last year!), there isn't just a whole lot done.

My wife isn't awful, just not the best, but she has wantsto learn more.

She decided that she wanted to use the egg and cook some spare ribs, by herself. I pointed her to the forum and the thirdeye's site for some help. I showed her how the clean the egg, put in fresh lump, and how to fire it up! After a few lessons in temp control (yes, 1/4" change in the vent can make a big difference!), she was off and running.

She did get a late start and didn't make it to bed until 1:00 (being determined to not have my assistance, she didn't want to listen to my brief suggestions on start time! :laugh: ), but she was in good spirits.

So... I am glad that she enjoyed using the egg, but I am not so sure that I will enjoy her cutting into my time! Don't worry, the thought of a 2nd one is fresh in my mind!!

Matt

Comments

• TnVolKen
    TnVolKen Posts: 198
    Sounds like a great way to get that second egg.
  • A couple that eggs together, stays together.
    Plato

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    words to live by gary! B)
  • Ha! Sounds like a good problem to have. Twice the fun and someone to share in your passion. My guess is you'll still be king of the Egg in the end.
  • Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing the story. It's always great to hear of another lady egghead. Some of our best cooks are female and the forum wouldn't be the same without their contribution. Besides their a whole lot prettier then the rest of us here. I hope she will post to the forum. It can make egging that much more fun. There is an amazing group of great people here.
    One of them is Grandpas Grub who has kindly taken the time to compile and maintain a list of very useful and interesting links: Recipes, Links & Tips List, it is well worth bookmarking.

Have a great day,

Gator

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    sounds like a his and hers solution might help..

plus that might also lead to you having 2 eggs.. especially if she gets tired of hers ;) :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• golffer
    golffer Posts: 144
    Good deal for you. Mine is content to handle the "inside chores" and just let me do all I want. Doesn't get any better.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    my hubby got a little concerned about sharing his egg too, we have agreed that after 2 years it's time to get a second egg.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • In my house, we've come to this understanding: She doesn't mess with my Egg. I don't mess with her CrockPot. I'm not saying that's the best way to co-exist, but it seems to be working for us.
  • Well the spare ribs turned out great, and teaching her how to use the egg was a lot (I mean a lot!) easier than attempting to teach her how to ski.

You have to love a woman that says she would have ribs for her last meal!!

I have been reading the forum for a while and greatly appreciate all of the information and helpfulness that comes from the members!

Thanks,
    Matt