Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg for Christmas!

Hey my fellow eggers. I got a new large BGE for christmas. So far we had some good food. Here is my first low and slow cook. 2 butts. I had her stabalized @ 250 all night. Amazing how easy that was. Thanks to the eggheadforum,I was ready before I unboxed the BGE.
IMG00008-20100101-0617.jpg
This was 6 hours into the cook.
·

Comments

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Great first cook, and welcome to the forum. This place is what makes the Egg so special.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Congrats on the New Egg as well as the first cook.
    ·
  • Bluecrab3Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Congrats...it will bring you many years of joy!
    ·
  • BGE is the best christmas present i have ever received. Today was my first try at hamburgers. not so good, as they was overcooked. Also the dual funtion metal top fell off the lid and cracked :ohmy:
    ·
  • You have to be careful with that top. Sorry to hear yours cracked.

A couple days ago there was a thread regarding placement of the top so it will not fall off. Basically place it so the screw is at the front. I guess this provides better balance. You should also lift the lid slowly, and it does not hurt to hold the lid handle just to be sure it does not fall off.

Gongrats and best of luck to you.
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    I have found that if you turn the daisy wheel around to where the big green egg signature is toward the back it will not fall off. I keep all my display models like that and my 3 eggs. :laugh:
    ·
  • Thanks. Unfortunately I read about locating the screw at a certain position after the fact. It seems that I will be able to continue to use the dual funtion metal top. At least I can replace it if needed.
    ·
  • Thanks. Unfortunately I read about locating the screw at a certain position after the fact. It seems that I will be able to continue to use the dual funtion metal top. At least I can replace it if needed.
    ·
  • Looks like you are having a great time. Congrats on your purchase/gift.

I cooked 6 pizzas tonight for a bunch of friends - what fun!!
    ·
  • Congratulations on the new egg! I have a hankerin for some ribs but it sure is cold outside here in Iowa. 10 below right now!
    ·
  • SteveinTNSteveinTN Posts: 223
    congrats
    welcome.
    steve
    ·
  • Great looking cook. Sorry to hear about your top. Mine fell off the during the first cook too, but was lucky that it didn't crack. Now I open the egg slow and steady with no problems.

Mahalo,
    Bryan
    ·