Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Dizzy Pig Rub for Ribs??

Options
Tanya
Tanya Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first try with ribs. Just wondered which of the Dizzy Pig Rubs is best for ribs. Opinions?

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Tanya,[p]I like Dizzy Dust on my ribs.[p]Ray
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    I have to second Ray's recommendation, Tanya. Dizzy Dust Coarse is an excellent choice. Of course, you can't go wrong with any of 'em!![p]Jim
  • Tanya
    Options
    Thanks yall. With a taste test that was exactly what I was thinking! I have them slathered w/mustard and have the temp stabelized to 250. I put in a fist size chunk of hickory and a couple of pieces of apricot from a tree we cut down in the back yard. Ready to put them on. Planning to do the 3/1/1 method. Sure appreciate your help!

• Tanya
    Options
    One more question. I have baby backs. On some of the posts I noticed that some didn't recommend the foil for baby backs. Should I or shouldn't I?

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Tanya,
    I foil my baby backs and they are the best! I do not flip them and I make sure they are arched up to avoid the juices from touching the meat.[p]BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • JM
    JM Posts: 39
    Options
    BeerMike,
    Just curious - why is it important to arch up the meat in the foil to avoid the juices on the meat? I do not believe I have heard this before.
    JM

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    JM, I like avoid the meat from becoming soggy.[p]BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin