Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Eve Dinner - Lots of Pics

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Back by popular demand by the kids and wife - I fired up the Small Egg for another round of Surf & Turf. My 23 year old son had his buddy up for the night and the boy was drooling when he saw what was on the menu.

Happy New Year to all - lets make 2010 something special for the family, friends, and the Egghead Nation.

8-10oz Filets ready for the egg
1.jpg

6-8oz Lobster Tails with a Homemade Citrus glaze and Rub - Awesome!
2.jpg

The Small was rockin again at 620 degrees with the CI Grate and tall GrateMates. The Small is a searing machine
3.jpg

I couldn't get a good pic of the Filets but after removing and cooling the egg some, on went the lobster tails while the filets rested. Notice the citrus glaze just baking on the tails
4.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the grilled romaine - but did a chopped grilled romaine salad with blue cheese chunks and dressing with fresh bacon bits
5.jpg

Plated for the pic - notice the baked acorn squash with brown sugar and butter as a side
6.jpg

At the table with citus drawn butter and a Michelob Ultra - Notice the new slim can and my 12 year olds sauce collection
7.jpg

I had to get a close up of the Filet - perfection on a plate
8.jpg

So far - the night has been wonderful and I look forward to the New Year.

Wishing you the best in 2010 -

Lanier Jim
Beautiful Lake Lanier
Gainesville, Georgia

Comments