Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my large is not alone any more

popagar0
popagar0 Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
local dealer and i talked today he knows i would like a small he dont have 1 so he told me he has a medium, with nest, mates, plate setter, pizza stone, starters, 4 rubs, grill cover,4 bags green egg lump,and a kebab thing. ($650) and its now cooking chicken wings. so my large did not want to set with out a little work out so he is doing pizza. :woohoo: i belive the its the (egg bug) i was told when you get 1 you will get more eggs. (HAPPY NEW YEAR) :cheer:

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Shweet!!!
    Pics please!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    :woohoo:
    Sounds to me like you did damn good, be proud and I'm glad your Large has a Mate. :whistle::lol: :silly: :woohoo:

Happy New Year,
    Bordello
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    oh man, nice!

We are debating getting a small or medium to go with our large. Can't decide on which size though.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • cookn biker
    I got the medium first, then the large and recently the mini. I'm very happy!!
    How many are you?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Angela
    We are currently 3 adults, our daughter still lives at home, but we host for most holidays. Mainly looking for a second so we have different temps for dishes at the same time, and for when the large is busy with a low and slow we can still fire up appetizers, side dishes ect.

Plus the hubby has hoarded the large and I want to get my time in with some homemade bread, pizzas and stuff. We are both cooks and sharing doesn't always work well LOL
  • popagar0
    was not sure if the medium would if the bill but after 1 cook on it ,glad i did not go with the small
  • cookn biker
    Consider the medium then. I like that combo. Cause when it calls for, you can stuff that with a lot of pork/beef for low slo's also. Perfect for baking and using levels of grids. Pizza's as well.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • popagar0
    thats what i will use it for the most bakin, pizza,bread , might try stickey buns :woohoo:
  • Angela
    Thanks to both of you guys for replying.
  • Angela
    You're making me jealous now LOL

You guys have all sold me on the medium now though.
  • popagar0
    dont you just love the love in the egg head family
  • Angela
    LOL it is great.

ok now we have been talking more and are considering a second large instead of the medium. Main reason we already have a ton of accessories for our large. Cast iron grate, pizza stone, ect plus I just ordered us the whole adjustable rig combo from ceramic grill store for it. So we would save a bunch by being able to share accessories.
  • I got a small to go with my large. It was a Christmas present from my wife. I haven't cooked on it yet because I had to come back to work. Hope it is big enough. The wife did great. It is what I requested. I was thinking the medium was so close in size to the large that I might as well get another large or get a small for smaller cooks. I will report later if I find any problems. Sorry but I have to post the pictures or the little bugger again. Just looks so cute! Can't wait to get her in the crib (table)!

IMGP0604.jpg
  • popagar0
    let me know how you like the guru been thinking about getting 1 thanks
  • I have another guru on my large and I think it is the most important eggessory that I have. I would be hard pressed to go without one. That's really the reason I wanted another for the small. All this talk about a large has me wondering if I should take the small back and see if they will let me upgrade to a large.
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    that was my progression too!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Willy,

Your going to love it. ;)