Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Once Again....

Options
MississippiCoastEgg
MississippiCoastEgg Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks once again to the folks on this forum...I finaly took the advice received here and bought a Thermo Pen. I ordered it Friday and was supposed to be delivered on Monday the 4th, surprised as it showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

Today cooking a fresh ham, I could not find much guidance to speak of as I could not find anything to cure it with so I basically winged it and made a pot roast. Brined it in coke, kosher salt, bay leaves, cloves and ground pepper for 24 hours. Injected it with a Honey Bacon BBQ marinade from Cajun Injector, put sweet rub on it and put it on at 300 degrees indirect. It is almost done but had to try a small sample and gave it to my wife, she loved it!

The cook has been so enjoyable due to the Thermo Pen as I am not worried so much about time and can quickly check my temps...I can tell it will make all my cooks more enojoyable as I will not worry about time and doneness but just quickly check temps and pull it accornding to all the wonderful instruction I get here. Sorry so long but wanted to say thanks again to all here who have helped me so much during my first year with my XL Egg.

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Options

Sounds like a great cook MCE, glad to hear you are enjoying the egg, Thermopen and forum. This forum can make the difference between loving your egg and thinking it is just another grill. It is a great group of people that gather here and the information and friendliness are second to none.

Have a Happy New Yaar,

Gator

• smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    I agree Gator! Had my egg for a year and have been on the forum for 6 months. I have learned sooooo much from all the great cooks on here and have loved how willing everybody is to share experiences.