Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Peoria Eggfest

PetuniaPetunia Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone mentioned here about an Eggfest in Peoria, Illinois in June. That is only about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from us and we would love to go. Can someone give me some more details on it? Thanks.
·

Comments

• That would be great if they was one i would be there..
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,947
    Morning Petunia:

RRP will probably respond once he finally gets out of bed this morning :laugh: ...Yes there is an EggFest in Peoria and it is usually held the first weekend in June. My wife and I came from Florida and attended in 2009 and it is a FUN fest. It is probably one of the smaller EggFests, but still a lot of great people and fun. If you are only a couple hours away, then you definitely should make plans to attend!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

website ---  http://mysite.verizon.net/respulq1/index.html

·
  • ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I drove over from Indy this year and had a great time...
    Emil
    ·
  • It is a great time you should come on down. It is always the first Sat in June. Sign up, bring some food to cook and empty Stomach.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,113
    This post of mine from back in June will give you an overall idea. What I didn't cover is the time runs from 8 am to 3 pm. You need to register with Hearth & Patio if you intend to cook so they know how many eggs to have available. They obviously are in business to sell eggs so what they do is discount the new eggs used that day by 10%. Great way for a buyer to save some bucks. Unlike most all of the other eggfests around the country there is no registration fee. Typically us eggers will egg 2 to 4 items and share with each other and the public. In turn H & P gives us a 20 pound bag of lump - this last year it was Wicked Good Weekend Lump. We do it for the fun of it. The date for the next one is June 5, 2010. Here's my post:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=658686&catid=1
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,113
    here's another post with my obligatory apology for the You Tube FLIP video being so shaky! :laugh:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=658730&catid=1
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • PetuniaPetunia Posts: 110
    Have the date marked on my calendar. Looking forward to the food and fellowship. Thanks to all who replied.

Rosalie :P
    ·
    Have the date marked on my calendar. Looking forward to the food and fellowship. Thanks to all who replied.

·

·