Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE...Too awesome!!

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok folks...Im about to sign up for Eggfest 2000...and i can not wait to meet all of you>>>(awesome, caring, happy, smokin'...) people...
Right now Cornfed and I are drinkin some good beer listen to Bob Dylan(Like A Rolling Stone)....
all I can think about now is meeting all of u at Eggfest 2000!! it brings me such great joy right now. Im in my 3rd month(review period) at my new job...problems with the female.....but none of that matters right now...why? because im thinking about hanging out with u wonderful people on that day>>>taking pictures(and nature boy get prepared we are taking many pics tegether)...associating about anything on mind...just a perect day filled with great tastes and great convrsation.
My point is now that I am willing and looking faward to be a part of such a great family "away from my family" on that day. And it will probebly be one of the best days of my life! I cant wait to meet all of you who attend!
Yours in Eggfest soon to come,
Smokin' Todd

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I been thinkin about it a lot too. Can you imagine how much fun we are gonna have?? Even y'all who think you probably can't come, see if you can work it in somehow! Yeah, ST, I'm ready for that picture, so long as I get a copy![p]Yeeeee Ha! Crank up that Dylan a bit for me.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]As I understand it, we will get together Friday night at the Holiday Inn for a Meet & Greet party. Some food, some beverages and you get to put a face with a forum name. After that maybe diner or back to someones room for more getting together. Leave the Holifay at 9:20am to be at the VFW grounds by 9:30. Lite your Egg and roam around to see what others are doing. As food finishes, you try this and that from other Eggs. About this time Spin will be doing pizza for everyone to watch and Mary can be doing a loaf of bread. I am sure we will have many good things to taste. I got dibs on one of Cat's ribs this time though![p]You'll go sign up and plan to come. [p]Tim
    [ul][li]Eggfest2000 = Waldorf Md[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    Wow. You painted a nice picture there. How do we sign up to cook??[p]If you haven't cooked Cat's rib recipe, you must do it soon. I have done it with spare ribs twice, and they were superb. No seasoning too strong, but plenty of flavor from the interesting ingredients. April is a long time to wait, when you could be enjoying them in the meantime.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I am psyched!!! I'm wondering: how "important" is it to the total experience to get a room at the suggested hotel? I have relatives who live in Columbia, MD (about an hour away) and can stay there for free. Should I pony up the $69/night and stay at the hotel? I don't want to miss any Eggfest camaraderie.[p]This is gonna be great,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I only live an hour away or less, and I plan on staying at the Hotel. I think it will be key for the "total experience".
    By the time you wake up and begin cooking, you will know a bunch of the people already. Plan on the hotel, my friend.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Hotel it is! I'll make the reservations tonight.