Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend's over-What did you cook?

2»

Comments

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Shelby,
    I do few cooks of meat that aren't slathered in mustard. I've heard pro and con about to use or not use. One of the eggsperts several years ago posted about coating with mustard, and I have been a convert ever since.
    Hammer [p]

• Hammer
    Chuck,
    How about sharing the stromboli recipe?
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Addictive isn't it!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    BobinFla,
    Breakfast Brisket? What's the recipe?
    Hammer

• Hammer
    BeerMike,
    I think what you are for the Ronald McDonalds house is great! Maybe McDonalds will start using BGE's.
    Hammer

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Friday -- Bay scallopes & shrimp in a garlic/lime marinade (made by Lawry's I think) and Raging River maple syrup/butter salmon.[p]Saturday -- Peach & Blueberrie crisp at the Florida Fest (along with tasting too many others wonderful items).[p]Sunday -- ABTs and a variation of RumRunners "SuperDogs". Instead of a hot dog in the middle of the burger, I used pepperoni and mozzarella.[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Hammer, slo cooked two tri-tips to 130 degrees, rested for a few hours than seared them. Perfection tri-tip medium rare
    thru and thru. The wife made salmon in the normal oven. Had fresh strawberries over chocolate chip ice cream. MMMMMMMMMM CHOOOOOCOLATE!!!!

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Hammer,
    On Friday, my wife cooked a spinach torte so I egged some Linguica to go with the leftovers. On Saturday, while I was putting my food away from the West Side Market, I started some smoked chicken stock for the Gumbo that I made on Sunday. I actually purchased a half of smoked chicken and some chicken backs to make the stock.[p]On Sunday, I made Smoked Chicken and Corn Gumbo. This is nice change to the normal gumbo that I make. YB sent me the recipe. I also added Tasso and Anduolli. At the end of the cook, I added some scallops that I had in the freezer.[p]With all of the leftovers, I don’t expect to cook until at least Wednesday.[p]RhumAndJerk

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Hammer,
    Last night, dinner for twelve, ranging in age from 3 to 54. We were rehearsing for our St. Pats gigs, so I had to have stuff ready ahead of time. Eclectic mix o'stuff, but what went over real big was boneless skinless chicken thighs, simply prepared with olive oil and salt and pepper, grilled with some applewood at 350 for about 10 min per side. I made a sauce with sauteed onions, chopped tomatoes, a cinnamon stick, a few cloves, fresh ginger, lemon juice, brown sugar, hot pepper, and some bourbon. I added the chicken thighs along with a cup of raisins, stirred it all up, and left it in a low oven until we were ready to eat. Big hit with all ages. Life is good!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Hammer, double smoked pulled ham with a mustard maple sugar orange sauce with smoked kidney/ yellow eyed beans. soaked the ham for 20 hours in plain water to remove some salt and then soaked in sugar water for 20 more hours.it was a big ham shank, bone in that had been presmoked and partially cooked. cooked 20 hours over hickory and cherry and pulled at 195. much better than the last time without the pre soak. covered lightly with mustard and raw sugar for the rub. brothers wife brought over a corned beef and cabbage with some sour dough bread made with rosemary to complete the feast. lots of guiness and irish whiskey.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Maybe not enough lump to get a good overnight burn. Not really sure, all I know is it was going good at 10:00pm and 140-150 at 7:00am. Next time will load up the fuel a little more. [p]Not a total tragedy, I was running a FE100 with four briskets overnight and put on four racks about noon the next day. Nobody starved. I put the butts on for a test and I am glad I did, education process.
  • Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    peggy,[p]They were so simple it is almost embarrasing to post. Rub a bit of olive oil on them, and sprinked with Dizzy Pig's "Raging River" rub. Cooked at 450 for about 2 min. per side. They were great.[p]
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    duck,[p]It might have been because you have the evil fake egg.
    Seriously, you need to load up the lump. It will only burn what is allowed by the air you let in.
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Hammer
    fishlessman,
    Send me the recipe! I've got to try the ham. It sounds great.
    Hammer

• Hammer
    RhumAndJerk,
    I wish I had some linguicia(SP). When I am in California, I stock up and bring it back with me. Can't get it around here!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    tach18k,
    I can't get tri-tip in Mississippi. The ice cream-man you made it sound so good; I want to get off the Atkins deal!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Blaze,
    Even if the food doesn't alway's come out as you want; guests (friends) will still tell you it was great!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    duck,
    Do you have an alarm?, or did you go to sleep? I hate that you lost the four butt's; but it sounds like you have a plan for the next overnighter.
    Ever since I got a Guru; I've never had to worry, providing that I have plenty of lump in the BGE, and the electriciy doesn't go off.
    Better luck next time.
    Hammer

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Hammer,[p]Rubbed with Dizzy Pig cowlick, put in the ceramic about 8PM, @ about 225, then removed about 7:30 AM on Sat. morning at 190 internal, when a fork will twist in it. Nothing special to make it "breakfast", just ready at breakfast time at the Florida Fest. I've made it into a "tradition", so I guess I'll have to continue. '>)[p]Wardster has a tradition of excellent ABT's at the Florida fest, too. Mr. Hyde has his Pizza. We seem to have several "traditions" for a 2 year event. [p]BOB
  • Lance
    Lance Posts: 11
    Hammer,[p]I stuffed the Vidalia's with the sauteed core, butter, bacon and BBQ sause. The taste was incredible.
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    fishlessman, with skills like that, you cannot be fishless.

• Hammer,
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a danish."[p]Ty Webb (1980).