Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone replace the casters on the egg cart?

EggCamperEggCamper Posts: 42
edited 8:47PM in EggHead Forum
I think I want to put wheels on my cart that have locks. Anyone done this?[p]Tom

Comments

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    EggCamper,
    Yes. I made an X out of two pieces of 4 by 4 just long enough to span the distance from leg to leg of the cart. I cut a lap joint into the center of each 4 by 4 and glued and used 3 and 3/4 inch wood screws. The new casters are lockable and are 10 times larger than the orginals. They work great. I hope this helps.
    Fireball

• FairalbionFairalbion Posts: 139
    EggCamper,
    I permanently removed the casters from my table. They made the thing so unstable that it blew over, fully-laden, in a windstorm. I replaced them with a couple of pieces of pressure-treated 4X4 running front to rear and extending well beyond the edges of the table. Now it's solid and, most importantly, safe.

• EggCamperEggCamper Posts: 42
    Fireball,[p]Pictures?[p]Tom

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    EggCamper,
    Sorry no.
    Fireball