Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight cook, hoping for success ...

Options
a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’ve got two buddies and their ladies coming to Kansas City today for the weekend.[p]Put a 16 lb brisket on yesterday at 6pm after coating with mustard and rubbing with equal parts Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk and brown sugar. At 10 pm egg was at 250 (vents cracked about credit card width) and at 6:30 am it was 240. How cool is that?[p]At noon my brined 5.5 lb chicken went on the raised grid, rubbed with mustard and the same. Why do 6 people need a chicken to supplement a huge hunk of meat? Mrs. a stick doesn’t eat beef or pork. (Ah, true love.) 7pm is shaping up to be “slap on the feed bag” time.[p]Taking a tour tomorrow of the Boulevard Brewery here in town. I hear its 15 minutes of touring and 45 minutes of free beer.[p]Got a new digital camera, at last. Hopefully the brisket and chicken will make an appearance on the forum for critique!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    a stick,
    I've never cooked a brisket that big but it sounds like you've got everything under control. By all means, share the pictures along with everyone's comments. [p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA