Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Beef

HungryNephewHungryNephew Posts: 267
edited 6:38PM in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting to try this for some time. Today is the day! I don't have a V rack, a U rack will have to do!

I forgot to take a pic at the beginning but this is 1 hour in.

PulledBeef1hourin.jpg
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That looks good with all that bacon. :P Can't wait for the finish pic. :) Tim
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Lookin good Lee.
    ·
  • It turned out really well! Here is a pic when I took it off the egg to pull.

pulledBeef7hours.jpg

I made one minor mistake. The egg got too hot while I was pulling the beef. It caused the meat to get a bit crispy when I put it back in with the lid off the DO.

Overall, it was a success! I'll do it again for sure!
    ·
  • Thanks for posting the final pics. Looks good........we had to wait quite awhile for those final pics!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Lee, I have always liked crispy chunks of beef from a roast. I wish I could taste it! I bet it was very good! :P Tim
    ·