Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Beef

HungryNephewHungryNephew Posts: 267
edited 6:43AM in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting to try this for some time. Today is the day! I don't have a V rack, a U rack will have to do!

I forgot to take a pic at the beginning but this is 1 hour in.

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That looks good with all that bacon. :P Can't wait for the finish pic. :) Tim
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Lookin good Lee.
  • It turned out really well! Here is a pic when I took it off the egg to pull.

I made one minor mistake. The egg got too hot while I was pulling the beef. It caused the meat to get a bit crispy when I put it back in with the lid off the DO.

Overall, it was a success! I'll do it again for sure!
  • Thanks for posting the final pics. Looks good........we had to wait quite awhile for those final pics!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Lee, I have always liked crispy chunks of beef from a roast. I wish I could taste it! I bet it was very good! :P Tim