Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole red snapper

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy ya'll[p]Any recipe selections for a whole snapper on the egg. Not sure if I should do raised grid or not. First fish ( with the exception of salmon ) that I have done. Cookin in about 2 hours.
Times, temps that sort of thing.[p]Thanks IA[p]Mick

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    MickeyT,
    if your snapper still has the scales....filet it but keep the skin and scales on, cook it scale side down, using your favorite spices, olive oil, and a little lemon. The scales will get hard like a shell but the fish will stay moist. Cook direct, raised grid, at about 350° grid temp.

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Thanks Chef Will. I am cooking the whole fish tonight scaled, w/head still on. Beautiful fish. Great color.
    I was almost ready to punt but you and I are on the same page.[p]Thanks,[p]Mick

• MickeyT,
    I remember doing huge red snappers in Mexico they were really good stuffed with fresh herbs and veggies etcalthough we just cooked them on a gas grill..now Im wishing I was there now,
    enjoy