Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

boneless chuck eye roast..what to do ?

Options
StumpBaby
StumpBaby Posts: 320
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a beautiful..lovely...4 pound boneless chuck eye roast. I was looking for somethin I could make pulled beef out of..but I darned fell in love with this thing the minute I saw it..nice marbling...question was....should I buy it or not..well...apparently there's a limit to how long one will be allowed to stand and drool over the meat counter.(I think the butcher was worried the next customer might slip and fall...if'n he didn't get me outta there soon) .so I had to hurry up and pick something..so I picked this thing. I'll admit to being a little too excited about it too..which by the way..led to some rather uncormfortable moments in the checkout line..some folks just are in such a hurry to get their goods....they tend to crowd in that line a bit..which...due to my aforementioned excitement regarding my pendin meat purchase.. caused a small amount of grief to the poor person in front of me..all in all..it wasn't bad though I suppose..cause I done purchased too much to carry with 2 hands anyway...the walk back to the car was something else of course..I suppose folks could tell that it was only a matter of time bnefore that bag holder was gonna give out..cause they all just stopped and let me cross the whole parkin lot..keepin a close eye that I didn't get hit or nuttin...[p]Now..tha real questions is..what the heck do I do with this thing ? Is it good for low and slow..or just cook like a regular roast beef ?[p]StumpBaby

Comments

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    STUMP, there's no way I'm gonna give you cooking advice on that jewel you plucked from the market. I'll just wait to see what the others say.[p]However, I will add that the good news is yur gonna get to rub it with something. The fun has only begun.
  • StumpBaby,
    Alright StumpBaby, that's mo like it...do anothern O.K.

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    Borders,[p]I'm so excited about rubbin it..I can hardly type....however..I now know why that thing is called an "eye" roast..cause it's gotta big blob of fat in the middle..and a little curly fat blob above that....makin it look like an eye and what not.....and if'n I didn't know any bettah..I'd think that darned thing was starin and scowlin at me....sorta like that little checkout clerk downtown..when I done bought this beautiful item. [p]I think this one eyed meat spects it's gonna get some rubbin somethin fierce..but it's givin me the majeebers..thinkin that it might be startin up at me like that while I was rubbin it..so I called poppa..and I done splained it all to him..and he sure did make a whole lotta sense..I think maybe poppa likes his one eyed meat as much as I do..but poppa..he says in order to make hisself feel better..when he rubs that thing....he first puts on some fake beard and mustache..and then he rubs that one eyed meat with his left hand only..that way..he figures..if'n that meat is lookin at him..it'll think he's a stranger....and poppa hisself won't feel so bad that way...[p]Ahh..the life of a Stump....
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    StumpBaby,
    Were the mountains restful? Or, were you hiding out?

• StumpBaby,
    You beat all , you know that??? And Poppa too.