Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Dinner (Pics)

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Man.... I am having too much fun with this new digital camera. We had a Strip for dinner and I decided to take pics just for fun. There are 5 pics and sorry if it takes a few extra seconds on dial-up. I did reduce the pics.[p]And yes. Its a large Big Blue Egg. Bought it in Florida and I guess they made some Gator Blue eggs there a few years back. Not sure if they still make them.[p]I cook in the garage in the winter time. Ohio winters can be a bear! Also, its just the wife and I so we like to purchase a nice big steak and split it. This was still very juicy even after a little juice loss. Check it out:[p]steak1.jpg[p]steak2.jpg[p]steak3.jpg[p]steak4.jpg[p]steak5.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    fiver29,
    I cooked on one of those blue eggs at the first Eggtoberfest I attended. That is one beautiful cooker. Awul nice looking steaks too. Looks mighty tasty. It looks at least medium in the picture though....was it?[p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fiver29
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I pull 'em just past 160 internal. So when they hit 161/162 they come off.[p]Come to think of it, weren't we going to swap some wood chips/chunks. Send me an email.[p]John
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• fiver29
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Oh, and if you mean the cooker its a large.[p]John
    Strongsville, Ohio

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    fiver29,
    No, I'm sure he meant the meat. There's some folks that would consider cooking a steak to 160 a crime. To each his own, though, even if it is a life of crime. LOL
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fiver29
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I agree completely. My wife won't eat it any other way. I figure I could take mine off early or put it on late. Either way its just easier to cook them all the same.[p]Once in a while I'll cook mine the way I like it. She makes me cook hers more. A little nukage and no one knows the difference after it absorbs all the smoke and flavor.[p]John
    Strongsville, Ohio

• fiver29, have her try a blindfold tasting of med-rare vs what she is accustomed to. I've got mine to eat med-rare beef (took a while).

• fiver29,Wow Johnnie, your sending all these grat looking grilled meals and making us very hunry,and it looks very healthy at the same time. Matt[p]
  • Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    Options
    George,
    Are we still talking about steaks ??????