Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

my first indoor egg, making pies

glousteauglousteau Posts: 124
edited 7:03AM in EggHead Forum
So Santa was kind enough to drop off a small to me this year!

This morning everyone was leary of it, by this evening, my youngest was all in, literally

IMG_0957.jpg

Its kinda like I was cooking a pizza, everyone knows this view, right? Except for the small child in view! IMG_0956.jpg

He says, "Thanks for NOT having a fire in here Dad" IMG_0961.jpg

Guess some of us never grow up huh? But IMHO, that's a good thang! Here's to never growing up, we just get older!IMG_0973.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    cute :) when he grows up he can say he knows egging inside and out ;)
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    That gasket sure looks different than any I've seen. Do they come that way now? Mike
  • HA! He's my last, yes he's still cute. My older ones aren't so cute anymore. Hope he stays young; I'll teach him about the insides and outs of eggs, just as long as he stays cute :)
  • haha, decided to install a nomex pre-using the egg. VERY easy to clean before installing.... My egg will never be this clean again! I'm a big fan of cleaning my grill right before putting food on it, let the egg crud keep it from rusting!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    they do loose their "CUTE" sadly :( but the up side is in about 25 years he will give you a grandchild and they are even better :)
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Did you make the notches for easier install??
  • Yes I did, not sure how much it helped though. I think deeper and not as long/wide notches would have been better. its glued down now though, so I'm not messing with it.
  • I just got a new small at Thanksgiving and the gasket was the same old one. I guess mine was on the shelf for a while maybe. It is the same old grey one.

IMGP0604.jpg
  • I haven't fired up my small so I might do the same thing. Where did you get the nomex? They did give my wife an extra gasket when she bought it but it's still the same old one. I wonder if I can get Ford to give me a back up next time I buy one
  • Pies? Is this a Sweeney Todd thing you got going on? :P
  • JBJB Posts: 510
    Great post, Merry Christmas.
  • Love it!!

Better hurry and buy a large - he will fit in that before you know it!!

Happy Holidays!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  •  
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great pictures.

GG
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Funny thing I didn't get one of them in my EGG.

or

Your EGG hatched and...........

Happy Holidays !