Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gazebo question

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I figure this subject line will bring Stump out of hiding.[p]I'm looking at one of those octagonal gazebos as a home for my Eggs. They have venting at the top, and the flooring material can be metal. Does anyone have this type of shelter for the Egg? What do you all have/recommend as Egg shelter? I vow that before next winter, I'll be Egging in comfort.[p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Gretl, the best egg shelter is to move South! Actually since we do get rain here, I have two of my eggs on our screened in porch. I think my wife is hinting pretty lodly that I need a gazebo type of structure off the deck. I'm thinking of one with a stone floor and short stone walls which support the gazebo. The roof would be octagonal with a separated roof for venting. A few fans installed in the vent may even help with smoke extraction. I might just have to start drawing up plans soon.

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Wise One,
    You're twisting the knife in my heart! The older I get, the less tolerant I am of endless gray days and that bone-chilling cold that just goes on, and on....[p]Your proposed plan sounds great. I wish you already had it built and could send pix. I sympathize with your wife; I can imagine the screened-in porch gets pretty smoked up. [p]The gazebo I'm considering is pre-fab, with custom add-ons, and there is a roof vent cupola thingie. Our house is cedar with shingled roof, and this would look like a mini-me perched in the side yard.[p]Yesterday when I lit the charcoal, I wore a rain slicker with the hood up to protect me from the ice/sleet. Yeah, this climate sucks.[p]Cheers,
    G