Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues Hog

JCinNV
JCinNV Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing pulled pork, got 2 Qrts Blue Hog regular,1 pint tennessee red, read on here to cut the regular with the red, How much red should I use?? got 17 lbs of raw pork Butt, tia

Comments

• 3 parts Red. 1 Regular. The poolboy gave me that one I think.

Mike
  • I have heard of soe doing 50/50 and some doing 75B/25R and you are the first one to say 25B/75R. I'll have to try that....rib boy!
  • You stud "Muffin Boy". :ohmy: I think Pat told me, if not a friend of mine does it that way.

Mike
  • Everyone's taste is different. I have mixed it 50/50 with some luck, but I generally tend to use more of the regular because I like the sweet flavor.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I like the taste of the red more so like CWM said I go 3 parts red to 1 part original.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Excuse me, is this Blues Hog and Blues Hog tennessee red? Or is Tennessee Red antoher brand?
    Thanks for the education. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Same brand Molly but the original is too sweet for my tastes
  • cookn biker
    I might be needing me some of that. You did not let me know of this when I placed my order for Denver. Buddy, come on, keep me in da loop. B):)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Pat. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • You never want to give all your secerts away on the first meeting. ;)

Mike
  • I like 3 parts regular an one part red

Ross
  • cookn biker
    Your bad!! ;) :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"