Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skinless Pheasant

BeerMike
BeerMike Posts: 317
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A co-worker cleaned out his freezer this week and gave me 4 skinless pheasants. I read many posts from the archives and still not sure if I should go low 'n slow or a higher temp cook. The birds are now in a brine (from the archives). [p]Your recommendations for the pheasant would be appreaciated.[p]
BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
BGEing since 2003
2 Large BGEs 
Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
Living the dream in Wisconsin

Comments

• smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    BeerMike,[p]I have a freezer full of pheasant and I don't really know how to cook them either. I have cooked 2 of them on a v at about 325 for 3-4 hours with bacon over them and they turned out ok, but I'm sure there is a better method.[p]I would love to here any suggestions![p]-smokeydrew

• smokeydrew,[p]I have found that a high heat cook of the breast meat works well. I marinate the meat in a sauce I make by heating olive oil, onion, garlic, and white wine. I let the sauce cool to room temp and I add some lemon juice. The meat turns out great. I have not tried to cook a whole bird because I think it will get too dry.