Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potatos on my new EGG

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I prepared 4 nice racks of spare ribs that I trimmed to St. Louis style and covered with BRITU rub before brushing on yellow mustard and wrapping in plastic wrap. I am ready to pull them out of the fridge and fire up the EGG. I wanted to have a side dish or two but had a change of plans last night and did not have anything ready this morning. I was wondering if any of you fine egger chefs would have any quick ideas on potatos and or any other simple sides that I could get ready to go on the EGG while my ribs are on?[p]Thanks,
Pitbull

Comments

• BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    Pitbull,[p]A quick an easy way for potatoes. Large baking or red's are the best. Place in micro for appx 5 min. Remove and cover with olive oil and your favorite dry rub. Place on egg when the ribs are about 45-60 min from being done. Will create a nice crispy skin and tender inside. Enjoy!
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Pitbull,[p]I like a hot potatoe salad...this one is in Eldar Ward's write-up on pulled pork.[p]Mamaw's German Potato Salad[p]· 4 C cooked potatoes, cubed
    · 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp (important for flavor) & crumbled
    · 1 C celery, chopped fine
    · 3 green (spring) onions chopped tops and all
    Combine all ingredients & put in baking dish.[p]Topping
    · 1/2 C mayonnaise
    · 1/4 C white vinegar
    · 2 tsp sugar (Hawaiian)
    · 1 tsp mustard (French's of other liquid cheap)
    · 1 tsp salt (kosher)
    · 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper[p]Combine all and pour over potato mix and bake @ 350* for 20 min. Egg is best but oven will do.[p]It's one of my favorites...
    Tonia
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    Pitbull,[p]Here's another suggestion...take some baking potatoes and cut into wedges. Spray a baking sheet with Pam and cook in oven for about 30 minutes. Take out of the oven, coat with olive oil and the rub of your choice (I used Ken Stone's Wicked Grin rub). Then cook in the egg direct on a raised grid for 15-20 minutes to finish them off...we served ours with Gyros last time...[p]lamb-gyros-.jpg[p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Here's another pic of just the taters...[p]potatoes-sweet&idaho-wickedgrin.jpg[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Here's a pic of the potato salad...[p]hot-potato-salad.jpg[p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Trying the pic again...sorry.[p]hot-potato-salad.jpg[p]Hopefully that worked!
    Tonia

• BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Nice pic of the taters! I'll try some tomorrow.[p]aka, DK
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Tonia...[p]What is that sandwich behind them thar taters? That looks way yummy....[p]-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • QBabe
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]That was a greek-style lamb roast we did for gyros. The recipe is on my website under the "Main Dishes" section....[p]Tonia

[ul][li]QBabe's BBQ Adventures[/ul]
  • QBabe,[p]Thanks Tonia, this looks great. I will get it mixed up for my next EGG cook on Tuesday.[p]Kim
  • BGE Pit Crew, I like the idea of the crispy skin. I think that This one would be good with a 2 inch thick ribeye.[p]Thanks,
    Pitbull

• QBabe,[p]SIMPLY MOUTHWATERING!