Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Fair Tax

milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Check out fairtax.org....abolish income tax, property tax,etc. put thr IRS out of buss. Many people pay NO tax, but they buy lots of stuff. At least that is collected. I like it. NO IRS. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :):)

Comments

• with the massachusetts state income tax, self employment tax, federal taxes, property taxes, massachusetts sales tax etc., my income goes right back out again taxed to the tune of well over 50%.

any flat tax would be a massive savings.
  • Need to change something. If not the fair tax then a flat tax. The 40% that pay zero income tax constantly push for increased taxes on the rich all the while demanding more and more freebies. The current system is not sustainable and I am getting tired of working my hiney off just for the government.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    For those who like to grease the "whatever" you better brace yourself because what has been happening in Obamaland has mortgaged your future more than you know.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
  • Bout the same as F.U.B.A.R. :) I just smile, cuz it's not a laughing matter. Two more votes to go. I don't thimk the bill has been written yet.????
  •  
    It will never happen but there needs to be a change to the constitution.

Any law/benefit/taxes/restrictions passed on to the people must be the same for congressional members.

AND any law/benefits/taxes/restrictions passed for congressional members must also be given to the people.

No family members of elected people can work for government and no lifetime benefits, retirement for congressional members.

All this crap would be cleaned up in a big hurry.

Better yet, hang em all.

GG
  • I ran for Congress in 1994 with something very close to this as my central platform plank. It's an excellent idea, IMHO, and therefore doomed in the halls of Congress. It removes too much of their power to hand out special favors to pals.

That said, our problems now aren't due to taxation, but spending.
  • Getting to a flat tax is easy. The hard part is figuring out the basis of the taxation, just like now.