Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yankees LOVE bar-b-q!!! (butt feed update)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Things couldn't have turned out any better![p]The kids were SO hungry, and they've never eaten barbecue before, they just loved it! (for those that don't know I fed 12 college kids from New Hampshire that spent their spring break in Mississippi cleaning up a camp for underprivelgded kids, getting it ready for June)[p]I tookt the butt off at 199 degrees at about 2:00 (19 hours). I wrapped it in saran wrap and a towel, then put it in a little mini cooler with a hot water bottle. When I tooked it out at 6:50 to start pulling it, it was so hot I burned my fingers a couple of times! But I didn't even need to use my fingers, cuz it was SO moist and pulled apart using two forks!![p]I toasted the buns with a little butter on my gridle, had cole slaw, corn salad, artichoke and green bean salad, chips, baked beans, smoked sausage, and chocolate chip pie! They ate it all up![p]
Thanks for all your help!

Comments