Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slowly getting back into cooking again...

Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been a tough year, but it sure is nice to load up the egg and get something cooking, especially when it's cold outside. The last time I had lots of time left over for cooking, it was summer!

It was really good to hear from fellow egger JL yesterday, and this is some of what happened last night before dinner:

Fired up #1 for the fajitas. Poor old SBGE and XLBGE just haven't been getting equal billing here lately, but I'll fix that up over the Christmas break:
IMG_0025.jpg

Here are the boneless chicken thighs we brought over to my brother's to watch the Saints put up a tough battle against the Cowboys:
IMG_0033.jpg

Chopped up a bunch for veggies for some mango salsa, and everyone enjoyed that, along with the great carnitas done by my brother, and the shrimp from Mom.

Cheers!

Comments

• I love that table and set up. Thighs look right on the money. Go Cowboys -r
  • Already practicing for the Texas Eggfest, are we...

Looks like you have done a good job of breaking in your 'winnings' from last year. My turn this year.

Merry Christmas and a much less demanding New Year my friend.

Spring "First Cup First Post" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    That is one good looking table Mike ;)
    Looks like you are right back at it....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Lookin good. Your fajitas would be great for lunch up here, it's 20° out.
    I see you opened the combination lock to your BGE tool chest so you got everything at hand. :laugh:
    Merry Christmas
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Good to see you cooking again and good talking to you as well. I know it will take a while for everything to reach its center after the change but it will. Just give it time. BTW Who were you for being from Tx. now but so many tyes to LA.?? :P