Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New camera!

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I've been running with the Canon Rebel XT since 2005, and have also been using a small Canon PowerShot SD890IS. Well, the stars have aligned, and I was able to upgrade to the latest Canon EOS 7D. 18 megapixel (look out, hard drive) and also shoots 1080p video!

IMG_0312.jpg

Yeah...that first pic was taken from an iPhone 3G. The camera on that phone has to be one of the worst in the world. Here is a small sample from the new guy:

IMG_0016.jpg

Sorry, lots of compression and loss when uploading to photobucket...I am really looking forward to posting some stuff on here with shots from the new rig.

Cheers!

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Very nice! That is a new model. I have been eyeballing the 5D markII but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I know the Mark II shoots video but I dont know if it is 1080p. Teloscopic video will be a must for my work. Let me know how well the video works especially if you are using zoom lenses. :)
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hey Mike,

Congratulations on the new camera. Canon's are a great camera and make fantastic lenses. I just destroyed my budget on a Nikon D90 w/18-200mm. With the Nikon's DX format the lens is 27-300mm equivalent. Nikon's and Canons are so similar these days I don't think you can go wrong with either company.
    Your sample photo is great. I'm guessing she is your daughter. She is adorable. Here are a couple from the Nikon D90.
    SandPipers_640_13.jpg
    DSC_0019_640.jpg
    This lens is not Nikon's sharpest nor does it have the least distortion but it is probably the most fun. With that long a zoom your going to make some sacrifices. My old camera is a Nikon P5100 12 mega pixel point and shoot that does a great job. I still use it a lot to photograph food on the egg. It's size makes it very convenient and it takes great photos. Good luck with the new camera, it looks great. Looking forward to seeing many great photos from it.

Gator